• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

EZ116K Daughterboard prototype

?

6,9,18,19,21,22,24,25?

Are they all used?

Maybe they aren't I just quickly looked one board that is open, it seemed that there is line going on every pin, not so easy to see tho... If they are not connected in wiring harness is other thing than the board, if not used in any purpose you must cut them of the board?

Maybe they aren't I just quickly looked one board that is open, it seemed that there is line going on every pin, not so easy to see tho... If they are not connected in wiring harness is other thing than the board, if not used in any purpose you must cut them of the board?

Hes was asking about the plug that goes to the wiring harness to the car. not the daughter board wires, i think

One tip to board maker, if you have time, ad there possibility to switch maps in chip too, double sized chip, you need to put only one connector line more, so there is then 3 different maps available, that was the plan I had.

a lot of stuff is possible i guess, but it is extremely hard to figure out certain stuff since Bosch gives no details about this stuff. It is all reverse-engineered. Step by step LH/EZK will get more nice stuff i hope!
Switchable maps is something that is very nice for people with LPi or E85 conversions.

a lot of stuff is possible i guess, but it is extremely hard to figure out certain stuff since Bosch gives no details about this stuff. It is all reverse-engineered. Step by step!

No need to figure out, chip has one control pin, depending where it its connected it ether reads first or the second half of the chip, you can do it pretty easily with couple of wires and a switch, this case it would be easy to
ad it on board, so no need to twist chips pin.

edit: actually its easy to do with the chip socket, no need to change layout...

Last edited:
ah ok, good. I discussed this matter with Martijn/blabla a few times and yeah, it is possible. The software side of the EZK seems to be a tough nut to crack though.

switching map for LH is very high on top of my list, changing between E85 and normal gasoline is something that would be very nice.

ah ok, good. I discussed this matter with Martijn/blabla a few times and yeah, it is possible. The software side of the EZK seems to be a tough nut to crack though.

switching map for LH is very high on top of my list, changing between E85 and normal gasoline is something that would be very nice.

There is only one map in EZK that "needs" to changed, and even Fred has shown it.

Now we just need one for the fuel ecu, e85 ahoy!

Its easy, bought 27C512 chip, program it with two different bins, twist pin number one so that it wont go to socket, put wire on it, cut the wire in half, connect wires to a simple switch, put the other end of the wire in the socket pin number one. When switch is of first part of the chip is used and when its on the other part is used, simple, isn't it.

Best would be if additional socket is added, do the mod in it.

Of course it would be possible to do daughter card for like two or four chips, just some jumpers on the board and run...

Sorry for my poor English skils...

Its easy, bought 27C512 chip, program it with two different bins, twist pin number one so that it wont go to socket, put wire on it, cut the wire in half, connect wires to a simple switch, put the other end of the wire in the socket pin number one. When switch is of first part of the chip is used and when its on the other part is used, simple, isn't it.

Best would be if additional socket is added, do the mod in it.

Of course it would be possible to do daughter card for like two or four chips, just some jumpers on the board and run...

Sorry for my poor English skils...

Yup, it sure isn’t very hard to come up with some kind of map switching solution. Unfortunately the EZK box isn’t exactly spacey inside. Finding room for an extra IC socket wont be easy.

However, the “512kbit eprom solution” is not something I would recommend to everyone. One should have the tools and knowledge to merge the maps together, and burn them on an eprom. Of course this isn’t rocket science or something, but I think this should all be kept as simple as possible.

Luckily, the LH box has a lot more space available, and can easily be upgraded with a daughterboard hosting up to 4 eproms or so. :oogle:

LPG, E85, Petrol, Diesel.. :-P :wtf:

Yup, it sure isn?t very hard to come up with some kind of map switching solution. Unfortunately the EZK box isn?t exactly spacey inside. Finding room for an extra IC socket wont be easy.

However, the ?512kbit eprom solution? is not something I would recommend to everyone. One should have the tools and knowledge to merge the maps together, and burn them on an eprom. Of course this isn?t rocket science or something, but I think this should all be kept as simple as possible.

Luckily, the LH box has a lot more space available, and can easily be upgraded with a daughterboard hosting up to 4 eproms or so. :oogle:

LPG, E85, Petrol, Diesel.. :-P :wtf:

If you are interested I could make you some test file for that "EZK 512mod"

May take some time since I'm busy right now, chatting in the internet...

br JR

i bet you could pretty easily develop a daughter injector driver and run a switch to turn on a second set of injectors to meet the e85 fuel requirements.

Although I could create some kind of buffer stage so one could run an additional bank of injectors, I do think it?s both easier and cheaper to just run 2 different chips combined with ?enough injector? to support E85. The first chip should be optimized for E85. The second chip should contain scaled down values, so that ?big? injectors can be used when running on petrol.

Back