• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Carlisle no more?

Will you go to the new show? (no tire-kickers)

• Total voters

Jesse B

Fine Modern Gentleman
Has anyone else seen this?
http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlisle-events/carlisle-import-and-performance-nationals/default.aspx

They're combining the Import Show with the "Performance and Style" show. The "Performance and Style" show is for lowered, stanced cars with scissor doors, foreign and domestic.

From an email they sent:
" All of the existing events and activities from the original show (Import & Kit Nationals) are slated to continue but we will also be adding to the schedule. Activities like the Real Street Shootout, Drifting, the Rolling Exhaust Contest, Burnout Contest, Low Car Limbo, and more will be added. Some activities such as Judging, the Coolest Club Challenge, and more will be expanded upon as the show will be much bigger. We will also continue activities like Seminars, Tech Sessions and more on the schedule. Please note there are NO audio competitions at the new event! "

I'm more than a little skeptical. Most people I know that normally go to the Import Show are refusing to go to this new show. It seems like a really bad idea.

Last edited:
These shows used to be combined back in the day. They killed the Import show because it got out of hand, let it lay dead for a few years and then revived it. Give it some time, they'll kill it again.

These shows used to be combined back in the day. They killed the Import show because it got out of hand, let it lay dead for a few years and then revived it. Give it some time, they'll kill it again.

You mean the "Performance and Style" show right? Not the Imports?

I know the organizer of this (these) events quite well, and the intention of neither show is to attract "stanced cars with scissor doors".

I know the organizer of this (these) events quite well, and the intention of neither show is to attract "stanced cars with scissor doors".

OK, but the events for this new show include: "the Real Street Shootout, Drifting, the Rolling Exhaust Contest, Burnout Contest, Low Car Limbo."

OK, but the events for this new show include: "the Real Street Shootout, Drifting, the Rolling Exhaust Contest, Burnout Contest, Low Car Limbo."

You're right, stance cars are the only ones that enter burnout contests, autocross events, drift events, and exhaust contests.

Depends on what date they use. It always conflicts with the hot rod event in ocean city md, and the antique fly0in in cambridge.
I want to do those more than I want to see idiot import shens.

I'll host a mega scrapple meet with a shop day and possibly Delaware drag day that weekend if there is interest.

Depends on what date they use. It always conflicts with the hot rod event in ocean city md, and the antique fly0in in cambridge.

I'll host a mega scrapple meet with a shop day and possibly Delaware drag day that weekend if there is interest.

in

It's a week later than usual.

They are doing it because of declining participation at both shows. Those of you who went to Carlisle Import last year will have noticed how few vendors there were, and the show field was fairly full but not nearly as full as it had been "back in the day." I've never been the Performance and Style event, but I can imagine that it's numbers are down as well.

Every year there are fewer vendors at the Impost show, not to mention the graphics for the import car t-shirt sucks big time. WTF! Maybe this new collaboration will bring the vendors back. Plus the performance, drifters, boom box, burn out cars will probably end up closer to the auto cross course. Also maybe if an actual non connected person would win the car give away. I've stayed few times till the end to see who wins and it's usually someone local, car collector, that other people seem to know. Just my impression, I may be wrong.

not too far from me. Im into scrapple :nod:

I'm so sad. Of Frickin course this happens when I've finally got a fitting car to take. Sorry guys, if I'd continued to be okay with bumming rides and taking the gf's dodge journey the show would probably still be happening. I like low cars, I do, but any show that has an exhaust competition and low car limbo just sounds lame. I liked the import/kit show because we were close to the most rambunctious people there. This seems like a magnet for the obnoxious.

Back