• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

ErikS 850

What's his name on here? Please don't tell me he's on VS only...

http://forums.turbobricks.com/member.php?u=14025

Tightmopedman9 , same as on VS. I am assuming he mostly lurks here so a PM on VS would be better to get a hold of him.

Pretty sure that's what Falcone has for tuning too.

Yes, if you know Motronic/coding and programming you can do the tuning all yourself.

Thread on VS.

http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/topic/159506-tuners-rejoice-free-tuning-for-m44/

Updates:

New wheels, fits the car really well. They are OZ formula HLT. They are only 17x7.5 so needed MST custom 10mm spacers for the BBK. Also found out the wheels have super tight clearance for the lug bolt head taper (extended from H&R), so they had to be machined down to fit.

Aside from the headliner getting replaced, grey carbon vinyl wrap on the roof, and a repaint on the trunk, I'm done with anymore cosmetics.

Car made ~ 300 whp and 310 tq with the K24. There was some tuning issues that got resolved (dip seen in the log and dyno) after more street tuning. Car with the K24 probably had around 310 whp/330 tq before moving on ...

Decided on a final turbo and injectors for the car to be "done" and went with a 20G and DW 800cc ev-14 injectors. 8cm exhaust housing and internal WG. Did upgrade to the billet extended tip wheel to reduce surge.

More to come soon ...

Last edited:
So as the K24 made ~ 300 whp/320 tq I want another 100 whp.

Some progress with the 20G.

Splitter got a fresh coat of chip guard, trunk got resprayed, and headliner has been replaced.

Some engine pics.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_6563.jpg
    IMG_6563.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 223
Haha, just messing with ya. Sharp car that looks to be put together nicely. Post up some sick reverse donut videos when you get it finished. :-P

Last edited:
Engine is now running right after a few logs, some vacuum leaks fixed, valve cover is painted, new rail cover as the rail mounting had to be tweaked for the new injectors. Switching to a 180 degree tstat for some added knock protecting.

I am now running a Sachs 707 PP and a Southbend six puck clutch. Way stiffer than the stock R stuff and 1st is a bit a hard getting used to but I can see the advantages in the higher gears.

Got the ok from Aaron to do some WOT logs which I might be able to get to this week.

"Final" bay pic as it will stand.

Your coolant overflow bottle seems really full. Is it just the picture or is it too full ? Not trying to nitpick, but blowing a radiator because of excessive pressure in the system sucks.

Your coolant overflow bottle seems really full. Is it just the picture or is it too full ? Not trying to nitpick, but blowing a radiator because of excessive pressure in the system sucks.

It just needs to burp, a bit of air trapped still as it was just changed.

Taking it to cars and coffee tomorrow.

Also, first real pull with the safe base tune.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    152 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Steering wheel and fire extinguisher mounted.

wiv2tkbl.jpg

mkqZnlQl.jpg

Also had paintless dent repair.

It was $400, but all six panels look like glass. I was not expecting how well it was done. 23 years of dents and dings gone.

Last edited:
I just got the 850 back Saturday, drove it back to Austin. Tune needs some work but its got a new engine, dash, PDR, headliner, paint job, tires, starter, fuel pump, and master slave cylinder for the M56.

56FH9jzl.jpg

EOV7sACl.jpg

JtaizAUl.jpg

Now hurry up and park it inside. You have the only remaining dash/airbag cover that's not warped.

Now hurry up and park it inside. You have the only remaining dash/airbag cover that's not warped.

LOL! Hey Matt. It will be, Got a huge garage now.

Kevin came through on that one, had it matched dyed grey. Even with my stiff as a rock suspension it doesn't rattle.

Back