• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

what should I know about V70Rs

So that V70R was a trainwreck. Way down on power, heater core leaking, front bumper cover smashed on one corner, and the interior was trashed. So I passed on it.

Most cars are, they are used with minimal maintenance/repair and basically driven into the ground.

How many miles can you get out of a stick shift non turbo V70? I found one with 224k but its only 600 bucks. It is a standard trans car and front wheel drive.

$600 car? Maybe 10 miles before it needs something. There are reasons why sub $1000 cars are sub $1000.

Last edited:
Smart move passing on that V70R. They are not for the faint of heart. They can easily empty your wallet, ask me I know. $3,000+ later it's finally a good car.

I've got a 98 M56 manual base model S70. 232,000 miles on it and it still runs and drives like new. Helps that it was driven by a little old lady for 17 years before I bought it and religiously maintained. Not the fastest thing in the world but pretty solid and reliable. Only thing to look out for on a NA at that mileage is a burnt valve(s), oil leaks and valve seals.

If it wasn't a complete train wreck I may have bought it. I really like the R model but I would like to find one in a lot better condition.

Back