• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

My '91 744 B204GT project

M90 receiving some cleanup & OEM love...

Old seals out...
JtTVUhIh.jpg

Cleaned, new o-ring and input shaft seal...
MhkvOehh.jpg

New output shaft seal
esxA3jJh.jpg

What fluid will you be using?
I have some Febi API GL-4 75W-80 laying around so I wanted to use that, but reading now the >M90< topic I'll check with Volvo dealership. The issue is that the recommended 1161745 (GL-4 75W-80) seems to be no longer available and it's official replacement 31259380 is different spec (GL-5 75W-90). Not sure what is the best way to go here...

EDIT: Dealership responded that the replacement is #31280771 (API GL-4, SAE 75W), it replaces Volvo Transmission Oil 1161645 (API GL-4, recommendation for M45, M46, M90). So that one is ordered and will go in.

Last edited:
Transmission filled, sealed and ready for installation :nod:

I have also ordered stainless braided clutch hose as I have been reading bad experience using the oem hose with a performance pressure plates.

lgouPC3h.jpg

Productive evening today...stock valve springs replaced by the Ford 4.6l ones (Melling VS1268). So relaxing job when you have the right tools! :-P

EDIT: Hmm...just noticed that the manual says to put closely wound coils at the bottom. So few of them to be flipped :)

iUZBWoUh.jpg

49S0fkth.jpg

HmKSbeth.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good!

I don't wanna derail the thread. Would you please post up the part numbers for those seals in the M90 thread? http://www.forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=94325&page=23 I need the seals for my M90. (I have quad square US 740 headlights for trade.)

I am interested to see the powerband with this engine/gearbox combo. My setups were freeway screamers and not stump pullers. What tire size and rear gears?

Looking good!

I don't wanna derail the thread. Would you please post up the part numbers for those seals in the M90 thread? http://www.forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=94325&page=23 I need the seals for my M90. (I have quad square US 740 headlights for trade.)

I am interested to see the powerband with this engine/gearbox combo. My setups were freeway screamers and not stump pullers. What tire size and rear gears?

The seals that you can still get from the dealership are the input/output seals 9183891-1 and 6843480-1 and also the 978268-1 O-ring.
Other than that you also need the shift linkage seal (Corteco 01019151B, NLA from dealership).

I am using 205/55 R16 tires and 3.73 ratio. Of course also very curious about the way how it behaves on the road :)

New bigger pistons from Yoshifab finally arrived, so I've gapped the piston ring ends and installed the pistons in the cylinders...hooray! :cool:

VT9xICFh.jpg

BbNYNDEh.jpg

Maxpeeding conrods got new bearings & were connected to the crankshaft, oil splash guard & oil pump tube & oil pan installed too...it's slowly coming together! :cool:

JNjRLGUh.jpg

aB70vrXh.jpg

k8J54fdh.jpg

Back