• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

Not great...hey that's china for ya

By disconnecting the manifold signal from the WG actuator, have I ruled out a misadjusted or weak actuator as the cause of lower than expected peak boost?

+/- 14 psi surge / leveling off at +/- 12 seems go be about it. I tightened the actuator push rod adjuster three, 360* turns, shorter with no change. At some point, adjusting the MBC netted no change.

Maybe this is the peak performance of this set up. If so, I am happy with that. It runs great.

Consensus is that the current WG actuator does not have the spring to hold the flap closed at higher boost levels. Done pouring money into the abyss for a while. Going to dyno at +/- 12 PSI on the 13th. It is what it is.

Spent my recent evenings chasing the oil leak. The under side of the car is coated with oil: trans crossmember, exhaust, axle. Meh. Replaced an O-ring, crush-washers, oil filter, snugged up a few fasteners. Hosed her down with cleaner for the 100th time. Been chasing this bitch for a year now. ****, ****, ****.

Son and I are doing a 1,000 mile road trip to south eastern Oregon next weekend. Should be fun. Despite traveling for work, I've never seen this area.

Bought some eCode stuff. Pretty excited. Well, gotta spend when the deal is hot...

D6CF281A-53A8-46DE-8D91-8475C98FC03F-M.jpg

But even with a 5-7 lb spring the boost controller should allow it to hold off more then snap open quickly. Maybe bad MBC. I went through two before I got one that worked.
Weird...

I need to learn more about the relationship between actuator spring pressure and resulting boost pressure. Not sure what the stock actuator spring was VS my current aftermarket unit. It's a fun conundrum finding the sweet spot for the actuator spring pressure and the MBC adjustment.

Pretty sure my breakerless / 2.2 combo could handle 28 psi...

if you say so.

Right up there with finding oil leaks...

Gotta have the tires balanced before the big road trip next weekend. Got my tool kit laid out. Makes me a little nervous going that far off the grid. Should be fun though. One of the passes is 6,200 feet. Hope I don't regret not bolting on the snow tires.

Beautiful day for IG pix.

90C640EA-46A8-41B3-BB6D-CD9186E84703-M.jpg

09B42C2B-F01D-4C30-B85C-F191292F1126-M.jpg

5CCC8C01-49A1-4562-BF50-74567CB288D7-M.jpg

Back