• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Texas240 was 16v but now LM7 5.3L

I thought the new hot ticket was a tr6060? If you're not going to make gobs of power, there's also the nissan transmission

Can I get some screen shots of what your its now and then? What rear end are you running on your wagon? Some visuals and a little bit more explaining would help me understand a bit more.

I ended up with a end of year bonus, wasn't much but I think HpTuner is coming sooner then I was expecting.

I will get a shot of their shift tables for you tomorrow.

Can I get some screen shots of what your its now and then? What rear end are you running on your wagon? Some visuals and a little bit more explaining would help me understand a bit more.

I ended up with a end of year bonus, wasn't much but I think HpTuner is coming sooner then I was expecting.

You can find them second hand on LS1tech all the time. I strongly suggest getting the Pro version that has wide band input.

Everyone else's MPG numbers are pretty spot on. Yours needs some work. Even my '05 Tahoe gets 16city/22-25 highway.

Are you running an AFM or did you go speed density tune? 2 or 4 o2 sensors?

I will get a shot of their shift tables for you tomorrow.

This would be amazing. Im thinking now that my tuner really doesn't care to tune for economy in the city for me when all he does is for power with all his other clients.

Everyone else's MPG numbers are pretty spot on. Yours needs some work. Even my '05 Tahoe gets 16city/22-25 highway.

Are you running an AFM or did you go speed density tune? 2 or 4 o2 sensors?

Not a clue and Im running two narrow bands after Dp's. Only thing tuned was for power. Rest is stock tuned for the avalanche pcm.

You can find them second hand on LS1tech all the time. I strongly suggest getting the Pro version that has wide band input.

Seriously? Then what does the regular come with? narrow band inputs?

here are the shift tables that 77volvo245 and I are running. My tire size is 235/40-18 and my rear gears are 3.54.

Attachments

• shift tables.jpg
    shift tables.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 513
I have a blackbear tune on my old 5.3 and my current 4.8 and I have been fairly happy with them no major complaints. Only thing is they use EFILive and since you already have HPtuners you might want to stick with someone that does that.

thats disappointing
A few people have had some success with hooking their wideband controllers up to unused 5V inputs on the PCM (like the EGT ones). It's technically supported in the software, but the upgrade from Standard to Pro is priced (maybe intentionally) just perfectly, so that only the moderately-but-not-entirely broke actually attempt it.

A few people have had some success with hooking their wideband controllers up to unused 5V inputs on the PCM (like the EGT ones). It's technically supported in the software, but the upgrade from Standard to Pro is priced (maybe intentionally) just perfectly, so that only the moderately-but-not-entirely broke actually attempt it.

Might be best to get the pro

Welp... Still driving, still fun, still ****ty gas millage but I haven't bought a tuner yet to fix the controller settings so thats all on me. Right around the last update I started building a 770ish sql garage and attached wood shop. I also started working on the second season of USA network Queen of the South as one of the lead Set Dressers so my time is spent on the weekends building the garage, wedding planning (oh I'm engaged) and some RR which is far and few between. Then **** got screwy with the garage after I decided to sub contract the framing due to time and messiness with not getting a building permit. This garage illegal still as of now. (No one tell the city of Dallas) Hoping to be done some time Mid June or shortly after the TV show wraps.

The garage or Siegalez Production Works LLC
AAF3AEFF-7C99-489A-A80A-8FE79EBC7B85_zpse4eqx8tl.jpg

When I finally had some time to give the car some love due to weather screwing up weekend plans I was able to plan ahead thanks to buying parts ahead time and holding off cause (garage)

Trans Pan started leaking enough to mark its spot multiple times during the day in various spots. Looking at the gasket when the pan was off and the black color of the filter inners it appears this trans was never serviced in its lifetime of 104K miles. Ended up buying a shallow pan thinking thats what I had and then buying a deep pan kit and some how bought a six kit that came with a 100% rubber gasket which makes happppppppppy. So far no leaks.

Cooking pan: oil pan
295AD2AA-BB4A-4043-BCED-0D003814F475_zpsfmhalo8b.jpg

I also just got done with Gaz adjustable struts and shocks. So far so good. Super happy with him. had the fronts valved for 500lb and the rear for 200lb or maybe it was 300lb.
371248A8-2774-4FDA-856D-D8916FC02928_zpsgstbw1qb.jpg

I then found this book while in the basement of the Main Dallas Branch Library picking up 1.5 tons of books for a prison library set. 300 linear feet of books
35A153B6-D7AF-4C7E-97B8-23185D0C0079_zps0mm0imhg.jpg

And work photo. 4k red on a jib arm that was used on Walker Texas Ranger that has been outfitted with some specialty blow your mind gimble
A5F99D2B-B626-4215-85E6-28DB8AC58778_zpsotksbfxk.jpg

Couldn't resist.Got these from a friend for $400 for the set. Maybe driven on 4 times then put into storage.

6E337C85-5C91-482B-A8CE-2E90B6FDBC54_zpsmvx6brzy.jpg

Anything new? Got A/C yet? I keep watching the roads for a silver 245 but never see it... Actually pretty much ALL old Volvo sightings are near zero these days, well, at least the HOT days.

Anything new? Got A/C yet? I keep watching the roads for a silver 245 but never see it... Actually pretty much ALL old Volvo sightings are near zero these days, well, at least the HOT days.

Nothing on the a/c. I have the funds to purchase a classic auto air a/c system. I just haven't found the time nor the care to measure or put it in as other things are more important right now. I drove the car up till about a months ago. I have a good portion for a LSA swap and C4 rear end to go in.

Met a guy last night named Scott. He says he gets 39F at the vents on his gold 87 244. He installed a brand-new Sanden unit and is running about 3 cans of 134a with the original one-row condenser (he said he'd wanted to upgrade to the late model coils but it is cooling sufficiently so far.) I'm mostly sure it's using the expansion valve setup. FYI

Met a guy last night named Scott. He says he gets 39F at the vents on his gold 87 244. He installed a brand-new Sanden unit and is running about 3 cans of 134a with the original one-row condenser (he said he'd wanted to upgrade to the late model coils but it is cooling sufficiently so far.) I'm mostly sure it's using the expansion valve setup. FYI

I've put the AC on hold right now. Going to be installing a higher stall converter and get away from the dreaded truck converter, installed the C4 rear end, and sooner then later the install of the LSA supercharger. Might be swapping to a 6.2 truck block soon depending if the price is right.

Right now the wagon has been trouble free for 2 years and my attention is turned to major house projects.

Back