• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pig: '79 242 16vT

Long update short:

Found damage to the cylinder walls and a ****load of excessive bearing wear, likely a mistake stemming from dirty oil passages. Spent the past 3 months sourcing a new donor engine. Working on a few things, and hoping to have it back on the road within the next month as most of the time-consuming parts aside of wiring and working out bugs has been completed. To make it quick I'm just going to list the things that I have been working on since early December:

R-134A retrofit
Full 3" exhaust
Recaro LS-B "Trophy" seats
MS3X - DSM CAS, Siemens Deka 80 injectors, LS coils, flex fuel, boost control, idle control, launch control, flat shift, eventually traction control as well
GAZ Gold coilovers on ABS spindles
R brakes with SN95 Mustang MC (THE</a>Y ARE AN ABSOLUTE WORK OF ART, THANK YOU ADAM!!)
rebuilt, resized, balanced, and straightened driveline
93 squirter block with SPM rods and stock turbo pistons, 16v head with mild port work on the intake, valve job, reground cams ? la Tectonics Tuning 16v 276 cams, Yoshifab timing belt setup, billet crank gear, sheetmetal plenum on shortened and ported stock runners, 90+ adapter, eBay "3071" turbo, KL Racing Intercooler

KJvT2voh.jpg

rsNKCtyh.jpg

H7zHtCNh.jpg

Ptikf4Ph.jpg

HGiDFTbh.jpg

imv6fReh.jpg

JPZX5N6h.jpg

JseYeHlh.jpg

hbIVFqoh.jpg

Sk7uukBh.jpg

de5V5eyh.jpg

6qKy9q3h.jpg

4odV0JQh.jpg

WLW8eCeh.jpg

AgZ612Bh.jpg

tlqVEzHh.jpg

JP8aowEh.jpg

Un3cyO4h.jpg

pmQcbBZh.jpg

DHDypI3h.jpg

pGO45aJh.jpg

KwtyObWh.jpg

ltfeBOah.jpg

qYrZbAjh.jpg

EcIFumQh.jpg

l0kjDewh.jpg

PSaOne5h.jpg

xk4ou0Wh.jpg

zt3uuM4h.jpg

They are Andersson Steel & Speed mounts. Being Swedish I can't tell whether they were being funny or not...

i'm much happier about what direction you're taking with the modernization of the engine/management. (after years of pestering you, it seems to have worked?)

I'll be anxiously waiting to see the front radiator support mods to properly mount the 93 parallel flow condenser....... same road I'll be on with my 84 242.

I'll be anxiously waiting to see the front radiator support mods to properly mount the 93 parallel flow condenser....... same road I'll be on with my 84 242.

there are no mods really...you just have to drill a couple holes for the rubber isolators.

Back