• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

83 245t fails smog

To answer the question about dwell, it should be 42-48 degrees dwell. If using a Fluke 78, set the dwell reading to 8 cylinder, otherwise you won't get a reading. On the downpipe/cat, you could have one welded on the current downpipe or get an aftermarket version. You'll probably lose the bracket that attaches it to the bracket on the block, so you'll want to make sure that the bellhousing bracket is in place if that happens. Otherwise, it may rotate outward and start touching the frame rail as the engine moves around.

Walker 81111 CalCat Universal Converter
EXECUTIVE ORDER # D-182-65 - LEGAL FOR USE IN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA AND STATES w/CARB REQUIRED LEGISLATION

https://www.amazon.com/Walker-81111-Universal-Converter-Catalytic/dp/B01HQSIIW0

Not sure how you're coming up with that part number. If you search under the link I left it does not list that part number for this application. This is literally what I do every day for work. I'm just trying to help someone fine the correct legal part. Cars fail smog all the time in CA for being "tampered", and by installing a cat that has the incorrect part number this is a reality. The listed legal Walker p/n's are 80507, 80827, and 81127. Just because the cat says carb compliant doesn't mean it's carb compliant for every application. The CARB look-up database is the only list you should go by when buying a replacement cat in CA.

Not sure how you're coming up with that part number. If you search under the link I left it does not list that part number for this application. This is literally what I do every day for work. I'm just trying to help someone fine the correct legal part. Cars fail smog all the time in CA for being "tampered", and by installing a cat that has the incorrect part number this is a reality. The listed legal Walker p/n's are 80507, 80827, and 81127. Just because the cat says carb compliant doesn't mean it's carb compliant for every application. The CARB look-up database is the only list you should go by when buying a replacement cat in CA.

https://ww3.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/devices/eo/d-182-65.pdf

Still not listed for the exact application. 1983 245 2.1L lists the 3 part numbers I posted. The 81127 is the correct newest walker part number. Don’t know why you keep suggesting a 81111. Has correct eo# but incorrect part number. Might as well putt the part that CA says is legal. Just my opinion I guess.

The walker cat is the best cat for the red block cars for sure. More Nox Reduction than any of the others. But, like zvolv just said it will blow zeroes.

Back