• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Just got my ipd springs...

Wilford Brimley

Is posting from the grave
And I want to cut them. I just want to be a little lower than they provide. Not sure how much to take off the front? I plan on doing a full turn off the rear. Sorry for another spring post but it's my first set of ipd and I know they dont sit low enough for me.

Don't cut them just heat with a torch and let them sit until you like it
2003 Ford mustang V6 automatic hours out here

It's a PITA, but maybe trial and error would be the safest bet. Can't "cut them longer" as my dad used to say.

9387-d49b-81c5-9d7e-M.jpg

I just installed a set on 91 940 turbo and found they sit at a great height for a daily. Don’t really have to worry about driveways or steep transitions. Paired with some Bilsteins they rode nice and compliant, actually made the car feel much more responsive without killing the ride.

Paired with hydras and stock tire sizes, I could see wanting that lower the front just a touch more to eliminate the wheel gap though. Cutting one more coil all the way or so would probably bring it down to a more aesthetically pleasing ride height. I’ve cut a couple coils off Ipd/TME springs for a 240 and the ride wasn’t too bad, it’s probably about the same case for the grandpa series cars. Of course with a lower ride height you risk bottoming out the struts more often, leading to prematurely worn out suspension components, and also throwing the geometry off a just a little too far, causing the steering to feel off and run into bumpsteer.

Whatever you do, make sure you get a good alignment so the car isn’t all over the road.

Back