• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Photoman 1984 Red 242 Turbo

photoman327

Hauled another Volvo home last Sunday. Just could not resist this one. The color I like and black interior as well as being a coupe. The direction is a cheap daily driver to replace my 87 244 but that could change. Interior is a hot mess but leather so that will really cost. Good oil pressure, and a low mileage with 142k m46 poor running Megasquirt. A trip to Mongomery planned soon. Needs a lot of love. Pictures to keep up with changes as they are made. Tips and suggestion welcomed.

This is exactly what my dream Volvo was for ever!! Good luck getting the MS sorted out, looks like the car has good bones and tons of potential.

Going to see Kenny sometime In February. Car is very solid and already had new Ipd springs. Going to change the shocks to Some new Koni yellow and Ipd bars. Car will buff and I have a extra flat hood and some tv wide Ecodes. Hope for good weather next week so I can clean it up and get to it. May buff the entire car before sorting other things out.

As I'm sure you know, some decent compound, clay bar, and good wax and it will shine like new.

Looks like a relatively clean megasquirt install. MS1?

I'm jealous you get to try out the heedspeed dyno.

As I'm sure you know, some decent compound, clay bar, and good wax and it will shine like new.

Looks like a relatively clean megasquirt install. MS1?

I'm jealous you get to try out the heedspeed dyno.

Yep ms1 and there is a learning curve for me. this car has been garaged in St Louis for the last several years dirty. Taking the trim of to buff this one. Dropped it at my mothers and she wants it gone already. LOL

Started late rubbing on it and I did not rub the bare. Though I had a knock but found the upper timing cover missing two bolts and it was hitting the pulley. Ordering strut mounts from Ben (Kaplhenke Racing) tonight. After a closer look, the idea to go for stage 0. A lot of little thing half done or not done. Exhaust leaking in several spots but down pipe good. Do I go stock off road down pipe with no cat or go 3"? Also decided to go for Ben's high dollar strut brace.

Today a little more rubbing after work. Waiting on parts so I will rub on it until they come in. Doing it right takes more time than I though.
973D8771-D2F9-40FF-8F0F-F4B14E93C978_zpsydutysxc.jpg
[/

Back