• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

On the DL - 1985 Volvo 244 DL

That looks fantastic with the spring cut! I plan on doing the same thing to my 84 244 GL after Christmas. Mine looks identical to yours except the Draco's that came with it.

Thanks! It's a fun old car to drive and I'm glad I got it.

Swapped out the M cam for a T cam that the roommate had lying around. Driveability is much better and the car gets up to speed a little quicker and cruises nicely now. Didn't take too many pics but I did get one of all the zip ties I used to keep the timing belt in place.
AVA29nIl.jpg

A/C condenser was missing a nut on bottom of the bracket, put some new ones on and its properly secured now.
PirP7EMl.jpg

Decided to check the harness in the engine bay and found a few wires that were badly corroded. Replaced a wire going to the A/C condenser as well as one going to the alternator and oil pressure sender. I didn't have a new plug for the sender so I pulled apart a new banana plug and reused the original plug housing.
2AiYgOzl.jpg

Fuse #12 kept popping on me so I went hunting again for corroded wires. I checked all the wiring under the car and they all look good and still have the factory shielding. Finally found the culprit. It seems the wiring was so tight on the trans tunnel opening that it rubbed through over time. I also replaced the wiring to the overdrive button as they had some bare wire spots showing.
TipfXpOl.jpg

Fresh wiring has been soldered in, heat shrunk, wrapped in Tesa tape, and reinforced with electrical tape in contact areas. Hopefully it will last another 30+ years.

Score a fair bit of parts at PNP a few weeks ago.
y0b84Mfl.jpg

Super happy to find a non-warped insert!
QlQtTxPl.jpg

All the trim I got went on without issue except for the damn front bumper trim... I ended up removing all the metal clips from the plastic retainers and putting them on the trim then snapping it all into place.
mYuWoT3l.jpg

Gave the car a nice wash after all the new parts were installed. Love the foam bottle attachment for my pressure washer.
zcsgT1dl.jpg

Seeing as this is going to be replacing my Genesis Coupe as my daily here in a few months, I went and ordered just about all the motor, steering, and brake maintenance items I could think of. I've got to get it all installed before the Davis show.
agRPSm7l.jpg

Spent the day tearing down the engine bay to get it ready for cleaning.
96Ka5qTl.jpg

Part of the harness was ingeniously routed through the intake manifold... That was fun to pull through while trying to not damage any of the flaky harness.
iiA9TyRl.jpg

Got some cleaning done this weekend. In the process of cleaning and painting brackets and manifolds. Just have the engine left to degrease and it will be ready for reassembly.

Hood looks much better cleaned up and not covered in grime.
oFIcXhOl.jpg

Side to side comparison of clean and dirty inner fender wells.
dWVFPtdl.jpg

Got a little bit of work done this past week. Took off the crank housing and cleaned it, put on a new gasket and press in new seals.

lgepVoil.jpg

Broke an exhaust stud... Atleast its right in the front and easy to get to. All the others came out without issue.
84GIVZ1l.jpg

Well I wasn't able to get the stud out....broke the extractor bit in the stud :rofl: so I'll just run 7/8 and deal with it for now.

Made some more progress today putting it all back together. Should have it running by Monday/Tuesday. Still need to do a few other interior things and flush the trans/diff.

DbdJD8cl.jpg

Been a while since I posted anything here as I was working out some engine issues.

Took a nice shot while working on the car a few weeks ago.
UhCt7YUl.jpg

Picked up some replacement seats from an '81 242 a while back and got them painted and installed while the roommate replaced his fuel pump. They were originally black but had sat in the sun so long that most of the seat fabric turned white.
VzeYXq6l.jpg

J7sNmFfl.jpg

Folding front seats came in handy when I needed to bring home some 2x4's. Also got the new taillights installed.
muhcs4Yl.jpg

Picked up an arm rest at Pick N' Pull over Thanksgiving weekend. Ordered a new cover for it from aaaupholster.com and it fits pretty damn good, just need to install it in the car.
Cr3WvPel.jpg

We had a nice sunny weekend that wasn't too cold, so I got some quality of life work done on the car.

Installed a new head unit with Bluetooth and factory volt gauge. The head unit puts out 100W peak so I had to run some nice power wire for it as the factory doesn't quite cut it. Rear speakers are in but front ones got delayed in shipping.
5b0ZYTyl.jpg

Got an OEM trunk popper installed on the car that I snagged from Pick N' Pull months ago.
SmQasaLl.jpg

Installed the arm rest. I forgot the damn hardware at the yard when I got it, so I had to source some longer bolts.
mkUCfocl.jpg

Got a nice shot of the car at EuroSunday. I need to clean up the engine bay again and work on removing the broken exhaust stud...

Got some long over due maintenance done on the brakes and steering components. Had to fix a frozen piston on the driver rear caliper and a plugged bleed port on the passenger rear caliper.

New pads and rotors all around
DLuCD04l.jpg

New ball joints, inner/outer tie rods, Turbo Sways w/poly kit
LhUx14Al.jpg

Some of that delicious Volvo gravy
dxsOFG0l.jpg

Scored some doors with working power windows at Pick N' Pull this weekend. Will be moving over the internals into my doors so I can get rid of the manual windows!
xLozZPEl.jpg

I'm definitely happy with the arm rest! The trunk popper is surprisingly loud but effective.

I got the donor doors stripped down and have found the wiring schematic for the power windows so I will make a harness for it this weekend and start the conversion in a week or two.
u2YyQLgl.jpg

Put in some LED lights for the top cluster lights, much brighter! I also put LEDs in the dome and trunk lights.
241syILl.jpg

Back