• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

On the DL - 1985 Volvo 244 DL

Got the power windows swapped over a couple weekends ago. BR1CKHOUS3 hooked it up with some lighted switches. Super happy with them! Going to pickup an auto roll down relay from an 850 tomorrow at Pick N' Pull.
rnrE0xHl.jpg

Swapped in some 960 injectors and painted the fuel rail and FPR in my fancy paint booth.
bJCbPgYl.jpg

l7sq2Sal.jpg

Gave the car a much needed bath and used some SudFactory glass water spot remover to clean up the windows. They look so much better.
NsOtb9Il.jpg

4Ubmvqvl.jpg

Project is looking good. Is that a special glove box for the trunk popper? I always thought that would be mounted in one of the spare switch spots?

Whipped up some spacers for the 5.25 Cadence speakers I bought for the brick. I'm new to using a router but I think these came out alright... spacers are made out of 1/4" acrylic. I will remake them later on with either MDF or ABS so they are a little sturdier. I want them to match the speaker mount better so it looks seamless.

With 5.25 in the front and 6.5 in the rear, combined with a Sony MEX-XB120BT the stereo is quite loud! I may move over the 8" sub from my other car for the Davis meet.

rH5DY4gl.jpg

Got some IPD goodies delivered today! Almost everything to finish getting this thing caught up on its maintenance. Going to replace the rear main seal/gasket, carrier bearing and bushing, new clutch, shift cage bushings, STS bronze shifter bushings, Yoshifab motor mount, HD trans mount, front trans seal, overdrive gasket kit to fix the damn leak... Also, a DW100 fuel pump to replace both factory pumps. I have no idea if the current pumps are stock but they are being replaced before they fail.

OBlXfJel.jpg

GT braces installed, lower braces will get done when I do the fuel pump.
I02oqJ4l.jpg

Installed the new fuel pump this past weekend. Eliminated the inline pump and just running the DeatschWerks DW100 pump. Used their relay kit to run fresh power wire to the battery as well. Just used the factory wiring for switch signal. Changed out the spark plugs this week as well and the rough idle went away.

x2xC6Q1l.jpg

TIYMSPBl.jpg

I don't think I know him. I don't know too many Volvo people in the area.

The in-tank pump I removed is a replacement, so who knows when it was done. Experiences I've gathered from friends is that it's only a matter of time before one or both of the pumps die, even replacement ones. So I figured it's worth the preventative maintenance to upgrade to a more reliable single fuel pump.

I have ambitions to +T the car in the future so this pump will have plenty of capacity for me to run some low boost on the car.

Nice work - seems like you've been really methodical going through it. Car looks great. :)

Thanks! I'm definitely putting a lot of time and money into the car but it's fun and I enjoy driving the car. I scored black interior panels and door pockets from the donor car that BR1CKHOUS3 got. I also snagged the steering wheel as it's just a little smaller than mine and makes for a major quality of life improvement for my fat butt getting in and out of the car.

9qzFnnTl.jpg

Printed a cup holder for the 240. I am going to redesign it a bit and change the font. Still new to 3D printing and need to dial in the printer more but I wanted to get one printed to see how it fits.
7SRkoLHl.jpg

I ordered an adjustable cam gear and an "A" cam to liven up the car a little. I am going to install them in a spare head I got from a friend. Just going to swap heads since I broke an exhaust stud off in the current one a while back.

Also started working on the clutch and pulled the trans out. Going to replace some overdrive gaskets that are leaking as well as clutch, bronze shifter bushings, front and rear trans seals, rear main seal, YoshiFab motor mounts, 164 engine mount upgrade for trans mount, driveshaft bushing/bearing, and install the IPD lower chassis brace.

O3RihsAl.jpg

Seems like this is the original clutch w/168k on it.
N0Vicwtl.jpg

eIyZnXQl.jpg

h6fuBzTl.jpg

Back