• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

92 244GL N/A Build

I've been running cut lowering springs on my 244 for over 10 years. It's not ideal, by any stretch, but it is "ok". The front suspension bottoms out with a crash over larger bumps/potholes and so on, otherwise it rides nicely for the most part depending on what shocks I have installed at the moment. Nothing wrong with the KYB shocks except the may be a bit soft. I wouldn't soften anything up back there, except swap out poly torque rod bushings for the earlier torque rods with the smaller, solid rubber bushings. That's what I did on my car.

That Mexico video also makes me cringe with the stock gearing, AND the wheelspin that I would say IS so bad, haha. That 3.31 rear end though, no good for performance, at all! The QSRCs from Ben help a good bit with the inside wheel spin though, so that's helping out for certain.

I'd up the rev limit a little bit so you can go a little higher before shifting out of 1st and maybe 2nd gear, but I agree that your setup and that camshaft is not doing much past 6,000rpm anyway.

That Mexico video also makes me cringe with the stock gearing, AND the wheelspin that I would say IS so bad, haha. That 3.31 rear end though, no good for performance, at all! The QSRCs from Ben help a good bit with the inside wheel spin though, so that's helping out for certain.

I'd up the rev limit a little bit so you can go a little higher before shifting out of 1st and maybe 2nd gear, but I agree that your setup and that camshaft is not doing much past 6,000rpm anyway.

I've got the 4.10 ring in pinion sitting in a box waiting to go in. Most of the wheelspin in that video was due to the wagon springs in the rear, while i was running cut IPD springs in the front (I was waiting to cut the rear IPD springs before putting them in). Would I just tune it into the chip to increase the rev limiter?

Yeah, I saw you had that R&P sitting around. Get ready to not use 1st gear much anymore! Hah.

For the rev limiter, there's a limit in the fuel chip and another in the ignition chip, so it'll have to be changed in both for it to work.

Update! Met with Redblockpowered and got a chipped gold EZK in. Redline is now 6600.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axbd2YBpn0s

Put some LEDs in the interior.

dbVYQS4.jpg

Will hopefully be getting some help from a local shop re-gearing, 3 old Volvo masters working there.

2XEcA97.jpg

Got some old 15x7 et12 MSW wheels to help with wheel clearance up front, rides a hell of a lot nicer than with the Pontiache wheels I had up front. 185/55/R15 SS595 tires.

8eHPCJD.jpg

vWxVnnQ.jpg

Last edited:
w00h00! How do you like the increased rev range? :)

Good looking new wheels! Do you have two more of them for a matching set? Also, why the did you go with the tiny tires?

The new redline is very nice. It allows me to drive the car that little bit harder. Very useful in first and second gear.

I only could find those two MSW wheels. I went with the smaller tires for the look and to insure clearance inside the fender to get full lock. When I find another two maybe I'll mount 195/55s on the rear. Sortve nice to have the skinnier tire on the car it makes the steering feel very light and responsive.

Back