• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

EZ116K Daughterboard prototype

i am surprised this had not been done sooner...
It had to be done by someone not connected to a business, or else it would be too expensive. And we all know how willing Turbobricks members are to cough up a lot of cash...

Or else we (Hi-Tuning) would have sold them instead.

Sorry for possible off-topic, but is it not (economically) possible to make a mod to alter the maps with EZ-117K/118K (117 with a vacuum sensor)

Sorry for possible off-topic, but is it not (economically) possible to make a mod to alter the maps with EZ-117K/118K (117 with a vacuum sensor)
It will take some explaining, but to keep it short:

The EZ117K does not use a normal chip to store the data and maps. It stores it in the processor. You can however add an external EPROM, but then you also need to know what the internal software layout looks like.

There are two types of EZ117K (if we are talking LH2.2 here). One that can be read, and one that can't be read. One with a CPU from Motorola, and one from Intel. A map for one of them won't work with the other one (I think).

And to add an EPROM to the EZ117K is not very hard (just one step harder than putting a chip socket and components in an LH2.2 ECU), but it involves a lot of other work first.

We have maps, but not an easy way to use them in customers cars. Most people choose to go to LH2.4 or aftermarket EMS instead of using that old system.

It had to be done by someone not connected to a business, or else it would be too expensive. And we all know how willing Turbobricks members are to cough up a lot of cash...

Or else we (Hi-Tuning) would have sold them instead.

If you held it together with zip ties and JB weld instead of solder and an aluminum box you could have come in under budget and it would have been tbricker friendly. Win-win in my eyes :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Martijn

What does it take to get this daughterboard installed? And do you already have an idea about what the price could be? And when will those be available?

Sorry for all those questions but I would like to get my car chipped before we go to the track again. JW told me about going to the track with Janspeed perhaps you will come too?

Greetz Joris

yeah I'm confused -if you do this to an ezk116 and chip it - will it work on LH2.4?

the idea is just to make the "non-chippable" ezk chippable with a daughter card... when i soldered the components to make my lh2.2 ecu chippable i believe i was doing the same thing one way or another.

I see, you switch back to the chip that was already on the ezk or the one on the daughter card with the switch. Correct? So if we wanted two custom chips, could you swap the stock chip that's on the ezk board also? Which chip is it on the stock non daughtercard board?

Simon

In my opinion, software is inside the processor in "non chippable" ICU, most likely it can be read and rewrite. This is small downside in this daughter card,
not so good to put n/a ICU to turbo car, only one usable bin.
I would still include that map switching gadget in this d-card, one way or an other.

I feel this deserves a little explanation.

The unchippable boxes don’t have any eprom at all. All of its software is stored in the CPU itself. Nonetheless, an external eprom can still be linked to the CPU. A few signaling pins will “tell” the CPU to discard it’s build in maps, and complete boot from the external ROM.

The EZK will use it’s RAM to store values it may learn when running. When you turn off the ignition the EZK still gets power.

And yes, the small chip on my daughterboard performs the same tasks as the small smd chip on the factory daughterboard. This chip will take care of the address latching.

Last edited:
Create list of people interested?

Would it be a good idea to PM or create a list of people that are keen/interested/going to buy this "kit" when its available?

I have Freds chips coming in the new year and dont have a chippable ezk at this time.
If the kit is going to be avail approx the same time I will just get it instead of searching for a chippable box.

Am very keen to be able to buy this.
Shawty

Would it be a good idea to PM or create a list of people that are keen/interested/going to buy this "kit" when its available?

I have Freds chips coming in the new year and dont have a chippable ezk at this time.
If the kit is going to be avail approx the same time I will just get it instead of searching for a chippable box.

Am very keen to be able to buy this.
Shawty

I am very interested in this idea!!!!!

i wouldn't mind getting one or two to futz around with. I should have the stuff to set an engine up on a stand before long, so I'll have the toys available for mucking.

Back