• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Propav8r buys a P2 V70R

Nice wagon, looks like it’s pretty nicely sorted out already. If I can suggest 1 more modification, it would a set of Kaplhenke Delrin front subframe bushings. They make such a huge difference to the front end, absolutely worth every penny.

The first planned big purchase (which is a ways out) will be a set of coilovers. The 4C with lowering springs handles fine on smooth roads, but hit a pothole or a bridge transition, and it feels like you have no suspension at all.

Sigh. No luck getting the axle back in yesterday. The inner joint kept popping apart while I was trying to get the outside end back in the wheel bearing.

I need another set of hands to help.

Axle is back in, great success. Pulled the strut so we had more room to work which wound up being a big help, along with another set of hands. Went to put my new expansion tank in and promptly cracked off both clips, so THATs fun.

Once the replacement tank shows up (hopefully Friday), I'll be able to button everything up and hopefully drive the damn car again.

Nice ride. Fun too. I ultimately sold mine due to the ride over bumps- I thought my teeth were going to rattle out. However, I do miss those seats! That said, the struts from a v70 AWD car will work and you can remove the sensors from your current 4C to trick the control module. Just a thought (budget conscience).
Also, I am now fresh out of the Volvo game, and have a laptop loaded with VIDA and a barely used DICE unit I have no use for. PM if interested.
Peace

These cars aren't very fun to work on. So this is how typically goes. Not a big deal if you're patient. It seems like you are a patient person. :lol:

>Buys a car to replace the B2200
>takes it apart
>Still drives b2200

feelsgoodman.bmp

Hey I'm bumping around town in the 89 244. Keeping it in the family.

These cars aren't very fun to work on. So this is how typically goes. Not a big deal if you're patient. It seems like you are a patient person. :lol:

I guess. Methodical at least.

The goal will be to stay ahead of the 8-ball with this thing and address issues before they're problems when I can.

yeah that's about the size of it. Mine hasn't done anything spastic despite being OMG 04 SUX, just regular maintenance stuff.

that being said, mine will likely be for sale sometime this year as well. doesn't fit the eventual project goals and I've already got too large of a collection of crap to warrant having it laying around rotting away

Thanks. It's got a Snabb IC on it already. It's back on the road now, and leak-free.

I need to address a coil harness that has some cracking insulation, and then it'll be at 100% until something else breaks.

Well R ownership is going exactly as I expected lol

The car is a lot of fun, but after a weekend of hard driving at MountainMeet, a faint clunk in the front driver's side suspension got noticeably worse. It was diagnosed as bad spring seats, so I ordered new seats, ball joints, tie rods, and endlinks.

Got through replacing the passenger side yesterday, tackling the driver's side tonight.

Unfortunately I discovered that the 4C strut on the passenger side is effectively dead. Still rides fine and isn't throwing a code, but there's really no resistance on compression and it doesn't rebound.

I'm sort of torn on what to do. It's actually cheaper to buy a complete BC coilover setup for the car, and after talking to a couple people that own them, they seem very pleased with them.

KWs are an option, though more expensive.

I could overhaul the 4C through FCP and just use their lifetime warranty the next time they fail, but the same argument could be made for the BC coilover kit purchased through FCP.

My biggest concern is that I don't want to look at error messages every time I start the car, and I don't want to lose the adaptive throttle or DSTC. I guess that means I'll be cutting the inductors out of the original struts and hiding them somewhere to fool the system.

I also need to replace the LDP apparently. That's not too bad though, about $75 it seems.

Back