• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pig: '79 242 16vT

just double-checking -- have you added tape to prevent your air filter from chafing against the paint?

EpGCyWMh.jpg

I like the Steampunk action on the throttle return spring. Its even symmetrical

Your engine bay is looking sharp. Good point about open element air "filters" not doing much! I don't like them either. AEM makes a washable dry filter that probably does a much better job than K&N; I had some experience long ago with a prior version of that product and it seemed to work well. One trick to minimizing restriction with more restrictive (i.e. effective) filter media is maximizing filter area via number of pleats and overall filter size.

i found and sent him a link to a cheap cylindrical paper filter with a 3" outlet that looks 35% less stupid, but he didn't even acknowledge it. what a waste of six minutes on my part.

Found more Recaros, adapted a hydramatic trans mount to fit the STS machining crossmember (SO MUCH ROOM FOR EX</a>HAUST!!)finished the engine bay by adding the strut tower, eyeballing in the strut mounts, mounted the catch can to the booster brace as the spot it previously occupied is now full of accumulator (this is a lie, I still need to wire, vacuum, fill the air conditioning but whatever), and set the car back down.

EYNibJlh.jpg

s8QC044h.jpg

sUFyXEmh.jpg

r9KZXPnh.jpg

mh7GRrZh.jpg

3B1rGGih.jpg

idk

Got a bit of time between 10 and 1 last night. Lowered the front end, got the toe kinda set, made new brackets and wiring harness for the horn, installed the front end.

Good enough for now.

Cleaned up the massive cluster**** that the garage turned into, since I last deep cleaned it in June. It's still a cluster****. At this point it's become clear that the parts hoard has reached critical mass...almost as if the id wants to have enough stuff left over to throw together a simple, yet badass wagon. Downside here is that a two-car garage suddenly seems to only have enough room for one.

In that vein, I have a bunch of scrap wiring, connectors, and heat shrink left over that are still in very useable shape, plus all of the electrical tools that I amassed in the process. Does anybody have any neat quick-access storage solutions for that sort of stuff?

Those are cool. Do you have a drawer to put them in so that they don't flail around?

right now I just have some stacked on a shelf but ideally I'll have a nice box someday with room to drop them in. The partition walls go up to the lid though so it's fully segregated, you can shake 'em up without mixing things up. Have also thought about buying another tackle box/bag and basically making a carry-around wiring kit too.

Cleaned up the massive cluster**** that the garage turned into, since I last deep cleaned it in June. It's still a cluster****. At this point it's become clear that the parts hoard has reached critical mass...almost as if the id wants to have enough stuff left over to throw together a simple, yet badass wagon. Downside here is that a two-car garage suddenly seems to only have enough room for one.

In that vein, I have a bunch of scrap wiring, connectors, and heat shrink left over that are still in very useable shape, plus all of the electrical tools that I amassed in the process. Does anybody have any neat quick-access storage solutions for that sort of stuff?

Build me a wagon and ill come pick it up

Back