• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Fuel/Spark tuning for LH 2.4/EZK with TunerPro!

Sorry about the super frequent updates; I have been slightly obsessed as of late :whip:
I don't blame you... One bit. :) I know it's been in my mind for the past month, that's for damn sure.
scaring me with the flooding the car out bit. I has ostrich and am opening up mah ecu.
w00t.

I'm downloading everything onto my work computer now, going to hang out here for a bit while Cassie works on her S70.

STupid question is stupid. Will this fix my Dieing at idle because of my retarded BOV.

My theory is that LH2.4 is doing something to correct for the air loss. Because when my car dies it does not run lean or rich. It just dies. Also after driving hard it will not die it will idle like a champ even if right after the bov goes off i put the clutch in at supper rich afrs. It idles. But after i shut the car off and start it back up, give it a little gas like half throttle the bov opens and the next time i try to idle it will die. Oh and my check engine light is on constantly.

So do you think i could fix this?

So, this is the new wideband o2 to get, aye? Looks and sounds good... http://14point7.com/SLC-Pure-Plus.php

Reasonably priced, too.
STupid question is stupid. Will this fix my Dieing at idle because of my retarded BOV.

My theory is that LH2.4 is doing something to correct for the air loss. Because when my car dies it does not run lean or rich. It just dies. Also after driving hard it will not die it will idle like a champ even if right after the bov goes off i put the clutch in at supper rich afrs. It idles. But after i shut the car off and start it back up, give it a little gas like half throttle the bov opens and the next time i try to idle it will die. Oh and my check engine light is on constantly.

So do you think i could fix this?
What's your check engine light say? What if you put in a quality BOV?

What's your check engine light say? What if you put in a quality BOV?

Something about the tps not being properly adjusted.

Well thats the thing. If i spend 200 bucks on a good bov and it works, then sweet. If i spend 200 bucks on a bov and nothing changes then i might as well have spent 200 on this stuff and potentially tune out the issue.

Does this stuff have a chance at ridding me of my problems or would i be better off spending the money on a quality bov?

scaring me with the flooding the car out bit. I has ostrich and am opening up mah ecu.

that's what happens when you hit multiply instead of divide and don't pay attention :oops:

it didn't like fill the cylenders with gas; just stalled out due to richness.

no fear. :zeeall:

New XDF: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2074311/Volvo_LH24_93x-beepee-v9.xdf

better categories, lots of small fixes, swapped some table axises(sp?) around to make them consistent.

also found the idle table that switches with A/C compressor status

a few more comments as well... check it!

that's what happens when you hit multiply instead of divide and don't pay attention :oops:

it didn't like fill the cylenders with gas; just stalled out due to richness.

no fear. :zeeall:

better categories, lots of small fixes, swapped some table axises(sp?) around to make them consistent.

jesus man. YOU'RE AN XDF MACHINE!

Does this stuff have a chance at ridding me of my problems or would i be better off spending the money on a quality bov?

I've still got a recirc; couldnt tell you.

If we can identify more tables and data then there may be a work around. No promises right now.

If I stay with a AMM setup, I'd just buy a recirc valve. Unless you are at some crazy boost level that needs a BOV? Is there even such a thing?

I understand runing the extra hose sucks, but what's the big deal about using a recirc? Why does everyone prefer BOV? I'm dumb, explain.

SLC is a baller unit
Sounds like it. I need to pull my current setup out from underneath the covers and start watching it again...
Something about the tps not being properly adjusted.
Sounds like there's a problem THERE, not with your BOV. I know you've dug into that before though, so... :-( Dunno man!

Suuuuuuuuuuuuure, right after I spend the last hour playing with the v8 one. I tinkered with a 935 NA bin to my liking for a starting point, but now that I've done that I need to clarify that I can even run a 951 computer with a 935 bin! I'm thinking not, as I can't open and look at my 951 bins properly using your 935 xdf, which would lead me to believe they are looking at different locations for some of the same stuff?

Does anyone know if I can run a 935 bin on my 951 computer? The other option will be to download a 951 xdf from elsewhere on the netz(pretty sure I can find one) and tweak that. But it won't have the awesome Beepee notes and such!

Ps. BOVs can be cool because they make more noise.

Sounds like it. I need to pull my current setup out from underneath the covers and start watching it again...
Sounds like there's a problem THERE, not with your BOV. I know you've dug into that before though, so... :-( Dunno man!
Suuuuuuuuuuuuure, right after I spend the last hour playing with the v8 one. I tinkered with a 935 NA bin to my liking for a starting point, but now that I've done that I need to clarify that I can even run a 951 computer with a 935 bin! I'm thinking not, as I can't open and look at my 951 bins properly using your 935 xdf, which would lead me to believe they are looking at different locations for some of the same stuff?

Does anyone know if I can run a 935 bin on my 951 computer? The other option will be to download a 951 xdf from elsewhere on the netz(pretty sure I can find one) and tweak that. But it won't have the awesome Beepee notes and such!

I'm running the 93x turbo rom in my 954, so you should be good.

I've still got a recirc; couldnt tell you.

If we can identify more tables and data then there may be a work around. No promises right now.

If I stay with a AMM setup, I'd just buy a recirc valve. Unless you are at some crazy boost level that needs a BOV? Is there even such a thing?

I understand runing the extra hose sucks, but what's the big deal about using a recirc? Why does everyone prefer BOV? I'm dumb, explain.

Well, Ill be honest why im running one. The engine bay is a lot cleaner. I ran a recirc for a long time and it looked very cluttered Once i swapped to a BOV i loved how more simplistic my bay looked.

Also and once again ill be honest. I like the sound, I think its bad ass, i like it just as much as loud fuel pumps and turbo spooling, external waste gates and back fires. I think a bov fits my car perfectly and really completes the sound.

I would like to keep it, my intentions where to go megasquirt and i wouldnt have to worry about it. But the stuff you're doing here is awesome and affordable. So im wondering if i should invest in a quality bov to hopefully mend my dieing issue or if i would be better off buying this stuff and fixing the problems with the tune.

You can load the 93x roms on any 9xx ECU as far as I know; that's why I chose it. I also chose it because if you paid for TLAO's chip (like I did), it's editable in my XDF.

But there's nothing cooler than stalling out your automatic! :lol:

I'm running the 93x turbo rom in my 954, so you should be good.
Cool. I guess I'll find out next week.
not as much cool stuff, apparently the ostrich I've borrowed doesn't allow for tracing.
:-( Is it the original Ostrich or the smaller 2.0 that they sell now? I don't know if it makes a difference, but...

Beepee/others: I played with that "Fuel map RPM axis base" scalar on TunerPro. Looks like we can tinker with that(and nothing else needed, right?) to adjust the scale so we can fine tune at higher rpm when using a higher redline? Anyway, I adjusted it to 103, giving me a 550-6775rpm table(36/~6775 redline bin) and saved it. Then I went to ipdown's editor to correct the checksum and just look it over. When I open it up in the LH24 Editor though, the main fuel map's table goes from 1480-6120rpm??? Not 550-6775rpm. The data values for the map are the same, even though the rpm labels are different.

With that being said, I went and compared the stock 935NA map on TunerPro to LH24 Editor and TP shows the map ranging from 501-6350rpm vs 1600-6240rpm on the Editor.

For what it's worth...?

Last edited:
Back