• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

M46 Shifter Set Screw Alternative

polaris

Mk V
The LeMons team I am on has been getting ready for the upcoming Sears point race. We had to install a new engine after we lost a valve spring which dropped a valve which grenaded the engine. A new B230 has been finished being installed, but the set screw at the bottom of the M46 has gone missing in the last couple of weeks.

Does anyone know what the size/thread pitch this is so we can source a replacements. From some searching looks like the Volvo part number is 3270193 but its listed at NLA status.

#38 in this parts diagram
GR-36385.jpg

I hit up the hardware store for my last one.

Be careful... You *must* pick the right length set screw. If it is too long, and the hex portion sits outside the threaded hole of the bottom of the shifter shaft, you're liable to crack the screw when you tighten it down or try to remove it next time. And when that happens, the nightmare starts. (Trust me on that one :-( )

I chucked out #9 and #38 and used a bolt/nut/washers that fits in its place. No more worries about stripping a crappy little grub screw and you can get to it with the guibo still in place.

Appreciate the responses back on this question. A big thanks to Jack for offering up a replacement up as well.

Back