• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

patrickstars 1983 242 4.8L/AR5 swap

You're the second person to suggest them, though someone said they'll only do one-piece? At this point, I just want it to move on its own so I might go with a one piece and deal with lowering it later on

I just had the six states in portland do a 2 piece for my ar5 and 8.8" setup. Took them a stock large diameter drive shaft and they did it all for $360 including parts.

I just had the six states in portland do a 2 piece for my ar5 and 8.8" setup. Took them a stock large diameter drive shaft and they did it all for $360 including parts.

Holy **** man, thank you. I've been told by all my local car friends that no one will do it, its impossible, etc etc.

Now I just need to find a stock large diameter drive shaft to have them modify

Most delivery trucks are 2 and 3 piece drive lines. 6 States is primarily a truck and industrial supplier. They'll figure it out for you.

sSPizRfl.jpg

Good sunday at the shop. Engine and transmission came out to install a speed bleeder on the T/O. It went far easier than I expected, so I got everything back in and bolted up hopefully for the last time (for a while)

OLCtAnfl.jpg

Installed part of the ICT Billet bracket set, before I realized I ordered the wrong one. I ordered 551396-3, I should have ordered 551397-3. Don't drink and buy. It looks like all I need is spacers to run the Camaro water pump, but I'm going to call today to confirm.

54PlITpl.jpg

Yeehaw

qgUZQ3Jl.jpg

Probably should have spent this money on more parts... But they were a good deal and I love GTAs.

In other news, searching for a local driveshaft shop who will build me a two piece to my specs. One said they would only do it if I brought the car to them, 160mi away. Any internet suggestions?

Aw man! I was looking at those and the lady must've sold them to you right before I could swing in... :lol:

H2ogphll.jpg

Drank a few too many PBRs last night and didn't take any pictures of the actual work I did...

But I got the measurements for the driveshaft, torqued all the motor mount bolts, plugged in 50% of the Terminator X harness, and tried to fit the starter. The starter I ordered didn't fit so I'll be sending it back and ordering a mini

B4-E2-DFA9-C765-40-B5-BD10-70-AF464-CBEB4.jpg

Making some good progress!
In all reality, I have respect for all builds...it’s all hot rod-ding to me.

Last edited:
zLEk8Tml.jpg

Didn't really have much to do today, so I decided to put the front end back together. Need to bring up the bumper and grill up to the shop its at right now.

ZEZZtvCl.jpg

Also, test mounted the radiator (1992+ Volvo 940 NA). You need to cut the little feet off the bottom of it and it looks like it'll fit nicely. I think I've found a hose (NAPA 8713 - 2004 GTO upper hose) that'll work if I cut it in the middle and use a connector. NAPA closed before I could test it out

Last edited:
So I had been waiting on a CNC relocation shifter for the AR5, but the price wasn't right and the guy was taking forever. So I cut a hole in the floorboard and cleaned up a stock shifter.

JBrtYtTl.jpg

I actually had to source a second stock shifter because I broke the pivot ball inside. So now I have plenty of parts :roll:

YcXkfdtl.jpg

My friend machined a flat side and drilled a hole. Originally, I was going to build some linkage driven relocation shifter, but after sitting in the car I think I'll be okay with shifter position as-is.

VkG3ehxl.jpg

Sandblasted the base and added some parts I found laying around the shop. Looks good enough for this POS

Back