• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Project Lucifer

driver's side is 27540R18, passsenger side is the 21545R17 just to show a comparison.
They are Jaguar F-type wheels! I'm still working on the car, little bit at a time. I added 3x original horsepower (110 to 320), now to add more lightness!

245s fit easily in the front...but you need 245/40 at minimum and 275/35s in the back and cutting out the inner fender and pushing the outer skin out.

passenger seats and seatbelts removed for more weight reduction.

[...]

debating on having it covered in leather to make it nicer.
:wtf: Hah, but seriously. Why make the car more annoying to drive?

Where are the side pictures? The 275s will actually NOT clear everything unless your rear axle doesn't move at all(not only because of the width, but the height!). I recommend sticking with the same size front and rear so you can actually fit them and the car's handling isn't negatively affected(understeer). 245/35-18, 245/40-18(still tall) or 235/40-18 is what I would run, personally. What width and offset are the Jag wheels? The tires you posted are too tall for the car.

Hah, didn't see there was another page of comments... Like Asher says, those tires don't fit the car, they will rub and you will be doing body modifications to run them(or just pulling your hair out instead of driving the car, which you seem to maybe enjoy?!).

What are the dimensions of the wheels?

I said that because hackster had issues getting the wheel perfectly centered in the well front to rear to get 275/35s to fit.

I saw the car when it was at PRE in the summer, cool car. I have a few buddies that work there so I get to shoot the **** with them on occasion back in the shop.

Cool car.

Just to chime in on those rear tires a touch. I have a ton of time getting the 275's to fit the car. I am running 275/35r18 Rival re71r's front and rear on a 10" wide wheel.

It is going to depend on your rear ride height. If your car is relatively high and you dont want to tuck the tire, probably could make it fit.

The problem is the taller the tire, the farther you have to move the wheel forward. I am very close to the front of the fender, probably less than a finger away. This gets you farther away from the taper in the rear of the fender opening and allows a bigger tire. My car is lowish, but wish I could go lower. When I get the 315's I will lower it more and chop up the exterior.

You are local if you ever want to see how I did my rear fenders you are welcome to check it out.

Without a ton of work I think getting a 275/40 is going to be tough to fit in there.

Sean

I don't mind body work, been looking for a good shop that can pull the rear fenders or mini-tub it. I have all the trianglesunlimited.com rear adjustable stuff, so hopefully it'll adjust where it's supposed to.

My DD is a 2011 S4, so I don't mind that the Volvo isn't comfortable at all lol

I don't mind body work, been looking for a good shop that can pull the rear fenders or mini-tub it. I have all the trianglesunlimited.com rear adjustable stuff, so hopefully it'll adjust where it's supposed to.

My DD is a 2011 S4, so I don't mind that the Volvo isn't comfortable at all lol

you can't really "minitub" it. The rear frame rails are in the way. Those tires are physically too tall for the fender well.

Sell the tires for and get proper sized ones. If you're trying to keep the tires because they were free, what the hell is the point if you are going to spend a thousand or two trying to make them fit the chassis when you'll never order that ridiculous size again? That doesn't sound like you're saving money. Or headache.

245/35r18s will fit, but you can't get super low with them. I have a set for the drift car, and just use them when I need to roll the car around or I'm waiting for the "normal" wheels to get new tires on them.
You will need to trim and roll the rear fender lip, and widening the rear fenders 1-2" would be even better. Just have Hackster do your rear fenders :)

245/35r18s will fit, but you can't get super low with them. I have a set for the drift car, and just use them when I need to roll the car around or I'm waiting for the "normal" wheels to get new tires on them.
You will need to trim and roll the rear fender lip, and widening the rear fenders 1-2" would be even better. Just have Hackster do your rear fenders :)
He's talking about 275/40R18s, though, so wider AND taller.

He's talking about 275/40R18s, though, so wider AND taller.

Oh I know. I'm just letting them know my experience with 245/35. They fit, they work... but it's not the best option. Getting 275/40s to work is going to be a pain.

275s are also unnecessary for a 300-400hp car. Buy tires that fit in a compound that grips.

if just a ****around street car. If you actually want to use it and have it handle well, you put them on all 4 corners even at 300-400hp. The car still weighs 3000lbs after all.

the tires are conti sport contact 2, so good tires. it should only weigh 2800lbs. I want the widest tires possible. This is not a budget build lol, like under $100k?

Back