• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Style 42's on a 240

studmuffed

Hey all,

I recently got a set of 17" BMW style 42's. They are the ET20 version. Does anyone know what kind of adapters I'll need for these? I know the bolt pattern obviously, but width? Are the bmw wheels hub centric?

5x108, 65.1mm hub bore -> 5x120, 74.1mm hub bore. You will want a 20mm spacer max. If you can get away with it, a 15mm adapter will make things easier to fit. You will have to relocate your rear axle and cut and roll your fender lips. If you want to lower the car, you will also have to massage your inner wheel well, about 5" above the fender line. moving the axle forward 3/4" helps a great deal with clearance.

Fronts should not give you problems.

Are the bmw wheels hub centric?

Short answer: Yes.

Hub-centric is about the hubs (or hub adapters). A wheel will only be hub-centric if the hub fits well enough to center the wheel. If a custom adapter is sought, it would be best if it was hub-centric.

5x108, 65.1mm hub bore -> 5x120, 74.1mm hub bore. You will want a 20mm spacer max. If you can get away with it, a 15mm adapter will make things easier to fit. You will have to relocate your rear axle and cut and roll your fender lips. If you want to lower the car, you will also have to massage your inner wheel well, about 5" above the fender line. moving the axle forward 3/4" helps a great deal with clearance.

15mm is the thinnest motorsports tech makes fyi.

You will have to relocate your rear axle and cut and roll your fender lips. If you want to lower the car, you will also have to massage your inner wheel well, about 5" above the fender line. moving the axle forward 3/4" helps a great deal with clearance.

How would one go about relocating an axle? Is this a super involved process? If so, I might just sell the wheels and start over again.

Another guy fit these wheels without changing the rear axle location. Plus I'd only be running 215 wide tires. I don't see why a relocation would be necessary.

Is the car lowered? If so you may need to bring the axle forward to center it. If not, you may still need to trim the fender lip, use the thinnest adapters possible. You will have a lot of room on the inside of the tire and none on the outside.

Yeah it's lowered. Think I'm just gonna sell these and try to find something with a FWD type offset. This build is super budget so not trying to spend a bunch of money on suspension parts

Back