• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mike Jr. 81 245 Project

Very eager to see these mounted. I still haven’t decided what color to paint my centers...gold/silver/bronze for Harald.

So I decided to attempt to make an original looking 145/245 roof rack. I started with the side portion of the rack and it was pretty easy. I ordered a tubing bender to do the bends in the middle, and I'll need to source some wood slates for the center.

Here's what I did so far. This is a very rough mock up that only took me about an hour.
170546940.jpg

170546942.jpg

Here's what an original rack looks like
170546943.jpg

So far I've only done things I want to do, rather than things I need to do on this car, like the floor.:-P

How will you clamp to the rain gutters ? I feel like I saw some clamps recently on a website but I can't remember where.

I'd definitely pursue the VW beetle/bus roof rack clamps. There are a few guys on thesamba.com who make clamps and complete racks who would gladly sell you a few.

So for now I've decided to go with a B21 in this thing. We've had this one laying around the garage for close to 25 years. It came out of my 79 262c bertone, and it was originally swapped into that, so I'm not sure what it came out of originally. https://pbase.com/mikejr/1979_volvo_262c

A year ago my dad gave the B21 to Jared, who painted it and did some polishing.
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=319772

But he ended up not using it so we got it back, and now it will go in this 245. I've also decided to put the Jenvey Heritage DCOEs on it. I bought a B21 DCOE manifold and fit everything up.
170590284.jpg

170590285.jpg

170590326.jpg

170590286.jpg

170590287.jpg

Nice, I forgot you had those. Do they require any special engine management or can they be made to work with the current set up ?

Can't wait to hear the induction noise. I'm sure it's tempting to run them open but if it were me I'd consider some sort of airbox or at least a large common filter element.

The PV has a loud exhaust, but at lower RPM's (like below 3500 rpm) there's more snarl from the carbs than there is from the exhaust.

Can't wait to hear the induction noise. I'm sure it's tempting to run them open but if it were me I'd consider some sort of airbox or at least a large common filter element.

I?ll probably just run a pipercross or ITG type filter. I?ll wait and see how much clearance I have with the brake booster

I?ll probably just run a pipercross or ITG type filter. I?ll wait and see how much clearance I have with the brake booster

One of those ITG filters shaped like a loaf of French bread is what came to mind. My friend/shopmate runs one on his Alfa GTV and it looks pretty sweet actually.

One of those ITG filters shaped like a loaf of French bread is what came to mind. My friend/shopmate runs one on his Alfa GTV and it looks pretty sweet actually.

Yeah I'll need to get one of these blank plates, and drill the holes to the correct spacing

170593680.jpg

Back