• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B230F+T With LH2.4 Computers

Hey you lot!

1991 240 B230F+T

I'm currently working through my B230F+T conversion. As I am saving up to go to a megasquirt setup, will the N/A LH2.4 computers be able to passably run the engine with as little boost as possible?

I've done a heap of searching for this via Google and within the forum but can't find much at all, which may leave me with an answer in the lack of results, but I thought I'd ask.

My theory is with orange top injectors, the N/A computers would be able to learn just enough to get me by? :oops:

Cheers,
Sam.

Last edited:
From experience the NA computers are definitely fine to start, idle and move the vehicle around on tiny throttle inputs. I'm not sure I'd want to drive it anywhere though. I would imagine the NA EZK (the ignition computer) would have far too much ignition advance for a Turbocharged car.

Why not just add some Turbo computers, plus a set of appropriate injectors? Then you know it will work. Plus you won't need to bother with megasquirt.

(in other words, stop trying to cut corners and do it properly)

Why not just add some Turbo computers, plus a set of appropriate injectors? Then you know it will work. Plus you won't need to bother with megasquirt.

It's more or less of a tie over, rather than a cut corner. I'm located in Australia, so finding the correct one here for under $400, or the correct one from the US has be relatively difficult. LH2.4 seems very difficult to come by here. :-(

I'd persevere, you could spend a billion hours tuning and fine tuning a megasquirt ECU and still not get it to run half as good as the stock stuff.
Ebay UK has plenty of 940 ECUs and EZKs on it. With the ebay shipping programme you should be able to get a couple to your door for a tiny fraction of $400.

Remember you'll need some high impedance injectors to match.

I'd bet there's a fella on here that would send you some 850T injectors and both LH2.4 turbo computers for roughly $100+shipping. And once you save for MS, you can easily resell them.

In my opinion, i wouldn't even waste your time with the NA computers and turbo hardware. You'll be tempted to boost it, lean out, and could break some stuff.

Back