• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The absolute bare bones +T

You mean other users like ME? I did that one too, before anybody else with a 240 did. And it is not easier, unless you have a 2.0 car and can swap the computers without swapping parts of the harnesses. Swapping the harnesses is more of a bitch than some might expect. LH2.0, 2.2, and 2.4 are not connected the same way.

Ive been in contact with many +T guys. Obviously different fuel systems have their own challenges. I am not being difficult here. I have a 2.4 so all I was saying is doing a bare bones 2.4 vs an all out swap with a 2.4 is about the same. Thats it, geeze. Im looking forward to your write up. I really am. I'll keep my 2 cents to myself next time

^^^ not to rag on you BUT, like the OP, i have done these +t's and experience from one who has done it is preferred over opinions from someone who has talked to people that have done it.

sooooooo, with that, go +t your car. :-P

^^^ not to rag on you BUT, like the OP, i have done these +t's and experience from one who has done it is preferred over opinions from someone who has talked to people that have done it.

sooooooo, with that, go +t your car. :-P

Well lets see....

I have +Ted my car man

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=128677
motor1-copy.jpg

So are my comments worth anything now? :)

Now back to the bare bones topic...

Great Job. I'm in the middle of gathering the parts to do just this. The list of parts needed is a great help. Now If I can just find the darn intercooler brackets.....

This is just promoting more ghetto fab, unreliable +Ts.:roll:

Or maybe helping those with a limited budget turbocharge their cars. It doesn't have to be ghetto if you use all of the stock parts that were intended to be used on a turbo car. Its not like omg you need Megasquirt, MSD ignition, gold plated intercooler, and platinum injectors.

Or maybe helping those with a limited budget turbocharge their cars. It doesn't have to be ghetto if you use all of the stock parts that were intended to be used on a turbo car. Its not like omg you need Megasquirt, MSD ignition, gold plated intercooler, and platinum injectors.

My thoughts exactly. Going cheap does not necessarily mean it's going to be unreliable - if you do it right.

Thanks for the article, I need to do the same thing so I'm checking up on this every chance I get.

wow this is exactly what I need. . .anything more would be awesome, although I think I'm 90% of the way there already, pretty much done everything up to this point. thanks for what you've got so far!

Back