• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

MountainMeet 5.0, September 25-29, 2019

I gotta put the R on the lift tomorrow after work and check out the rear suspension sensors, and do a check on the a/c charge level.

Mixed up the rub, making bbq sauce right now.

I already changed my oil, checked tire pressures and all that. gotta run thro a car wash and vacuum out the interior, but most of that will take place on the way home tomorrow.

I have a couple quarts of Hilldales sauce too

Dad shoved off this morning in the Jeep, he is taking back roads and is anticipating a Friday AM Arrival (Retiree's Time Frame).

All glory to my esteemed colleague Brett Willettrun for a radical remote tune on the Jeep!

I still have to swap the steelies back on to my 244 because the ****in Hockenheims I have turned out to have a bendy bend and much vibration on the freeway. Also need to sand the brake rotors out front and do a little washing. Other wise GTG.

We are planning on leaving in the AM and arriving Friday morning.

Swapped some upper control arms with shot bushings and slightly ovalized shells. And put on the IPD adjustables I took off when the 16V/T5 combo made horrible vibrations. Drove it around a bit, no issues with the LS/CD009 drivetrain.

Crunch time. I'm seeing several questionable cars successfully making final preparations. Who's not ready?
I thought about doing a few things, but didn't. So I guess my car is ready. Might check the trans fluid and top up, I've been known to destroy one M47 with no fluid remaining. :lol:

Last week my e-fan didn't shut off...flicked the relay and it went off. Then it decided to not switch on a few times, and I boiled off some water a couple of times. So I swapped in a 240 fuel pump relay in place of the 30a cube and the fan is back in business. Hopefully no trouble this year from the '92 240, now at 244,600 miles.

Departing Thursday (late) for ~10am Friday morning arrival. bout 9 hours from up north here.

Fixed a leaky injector (ill-fitting o-rings on the Deka's - plus a somewhat hamhanded install on my part). And fixed another burnt plug wire. And that's it. Should be good to go.

Looked under the Amazon again and didn't find the rattle in the rear suspension again. The trans is leaking again through the crack in the tailhousing I jb welded, I guess we're just going to cross fingers on those two items. Aimed the headlights not high enough, got home and now the reverse lights don't work.

Good enough, we're out 6-7 am

Goodnight ladies and gentlemen.
I will see y'all around 1:30 god willing tomorrow afternoon.

Looked under the Amazon again and didn't find the rattle in the rear suspension again. The trans is leaking again through the crack in the tailhousing I jb welded, I guess we're just going to cross fingers on those two items. Aimed the headlights not high enough, got home and now the reverse lights don't work.

Good enough, we're out 6-7 am

Should I jerk the T5 out of the 142 tonight? :oops:

Cant wait till next year. Same as last year, it's always so cool putting a face to the name of people that I have been talking **** to for the past 13 years

Back