• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B20 Fuel Injection Questions

you can always have injector bungs welded to the intake runners.

In the hopes of keeping it as a "easily returned to stock" kind of project. You might look into Ducati 996 throttle bodies. Each TB has 2 injectors. Looks like some mikuni style soft mounts and youd be set. Throat size is pretty damn close to SUs and they're not uncommon.

corpo-farfallato-doppio-iniettore-ducati-996-s-base_1.jpg

Well damn, I'm gonna run those on the b20!

These will run into the same problem I discovered the hard way.
Read the article I referenced in the update regarding siamese ports and firing order.
Cylinders 1 & 4 will run much leaner than 2 & 3.
You could possibly be OK with some form of sequential injection.

Opened this thread thinking I'd learn how to run the venerable OG Bosch D-jet blue tops with MS.

Blue tops - do you mean the blue-green Bosch barbed style injectors (part number ending 036) that came on the D jet cars? If so, they run just fine with MS (I have been doing this with MS II since 2015. The robust solution is external 6 ohm current limiting resistors (just like in the original D jet application). If you like the feel of poking yourself in the eye with a sharp object you can try and make the PWM current limiting feature in MS II work - I wouldn't bother.

If you are trying to configure the 036 injectors, be aware that the actual flow rates are closer to 55 lb/hr @ 43.5 psi. I tested my 036 injectors at 38 psi (Nissan 280 Z FPR base operating pressure) and the flow rate came out at 514 ml/min.

Back