• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cosbysweater's Turbo LS 244

sick build.

i just got my 80E in the car...is your trans cooler fan a push or pull? have you ever run it vertically in front of the core stack, or has it always been a horizontal mount?

Almost forgot - edited above - my weights were before the LS3 swap - cast iron 5.0L/alum heads. And new/heavier mufflers in the back since then. The LS swap dropped about 20 lbs. net once all was said and done. And probably about that much added at the back with the mufflers. I need to borrow the scales again, but suspect it's right at 53/47 - 54/46 front to rear.

Almost forgot - edited above - my weights were before the LS3 swap - cast iron 5.0L/alum heads. And new/heavier mufflers in the back since then. The LS swap dropped about 20 lbs. net once all was said and done. And probably about that much added at the back with the mufflers. I need to borrow the scales again, but suspect it's right at 53/47 - 54/46 front to rear.

yea the aluminum block is a big help. if and when this thing ****s the bed im going to look at getting a aluminum block for it

A bigger help for you (vs LS iron block) than it was for me - thin wall/short deck 5.0L block. With exh manis, all ignition/fuel/intake, balancers, but no flywheels or accessories - 5.0L alum heads - 411 lbs; LS3 - 393 lbs. I understand there’s about 90 lbs difference between iron and alum LS blocks.

yea that sounds about right. im working on some sn95 adapters and im going to ditch the ats brakes up front, im hoping that will save some weight as well. also im going to say im willing to bet it will be another 20lbs off the back race weight due to the fact i remove the exhaust.

yea that sounds about right. im working on some sn95 adapters and im going to ditch the ats brakes up front, im hoping that will save some weight as well. also im going to say im willing to bet it will be another 20lbs off the back race weight due to the fact i remove the exhaust.

Not that it matters but I save a good 10lbs going back to stock calipers on my 240 with really good pads and left the Mustang Master in. Brakes stop better than the R's did.

ive been spending the day messing with the car, having some weird issues where it feels like i hit a brick wall after 5200, not loosing power like before but it feels like its getting spark blow out. i was running tr6 ngks and switched to a colder plug wit a 22 gap, feels a little better but something feels off. i dont know if im blowing through the converter or what but it feels very odd. here are the plugs and a pic of the engine bay.

Okay!!!! new find. Car pulls the ass down so hard during decel that the fuel pressure pulses a bit and ****s with the e85 content sensor.

Time to leave the crank on the ground. Depending on how this next week goes, I might be picking up a tow rig while I?m down there instead of driving down, so I could give your ****box a hitch back home if needed...

The car needs to be tuned by someone that isn't me. Lol also ordered a new flex fuel sensor for it. Mine is doing some really weird stuff and I don't want to scatter the engine. I have a spare drive shaft to bring with as well because mine while being strong I just don't trust it anymore

Took out some mid range timing, upped the two-step. I can get about 6-7lbs on the two step footbrake at around 2300. That's about as much rpm as I can get out of this damn converter, I wish I had time to change it prior to Davis but it is what it is at this point. Car decided to barf out a bunch of brake fluid today at the tire shop so that was cool

I still love this car lol. It's gonna be a ROCKET once you get a decent converter in it. If you can get even 10psi on the launch you're going to cut at LEAST a 1.60 60'. That's one thing I'm very excited about this year is I'll have more torque from the 5.3 and even launching at 2800 like I was before should still get me a better 60'.

Can't wait to see what our cars do this year.

Back