• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

4A725A09-DA5E-4919-8D88-E9552630B9DD-M.jpg

EE8F887B-29B3-4C63-9EFF-5B70DC136F2F-M.jpg

AB666297-F481-42CD-8EE4-0E7CE387CBB0-M.jpg

AF22619A-3A33-4ED3-B0DA-373367FA1BA4-M.jpg

Last day. Burns, OR to Vancouver, WA.

Sign said "99 miles to next gas." I am so pleased that the old Brick made this journey without a glitch. 100% reliable in some of the remotest parts of Oregon.

Roads were slick this morning. On one grade I downshifted to fourth at low revs and the back end broke loose. LOL. Took me back to my Michigan days.

"Stuff to fix" list is pretty short: Passenger side back up light, tailpipe adjustment, diesel motor mounts buzz a lot, balance the tires and, if I'm going to drive in winter spray again, put the windshield washer stuff back on.

My son, who drives a newer Mini Cooper S was delighted with the car. The power, the handling. He just thought it was so much fun. Pretty cool.

Going to take a month to clean.

cool trip pics, thx for sharing!

My privilege. The trip was my son?s idea. I was worried about the reliability of the car, but it never missed a beat. She hit 110 on one straight and likely had another 15 to go. It tracked true on ice covered roads that had other cars in the ditch or clunking along on chains. We lost a ?passing lane war? to an IS300 and laughed. She pulled grades in 4th and 5th that the N/A motor would have done in 3rd.

As a middle aged man, my eyes wander from time to time. I?m trying to break a life long cycle of buying and selling on an annual basis. I?ve been looking at Corvettes. Never had one. Get a clean low mileage unit. With A/C. But this trip would have been ?less? in a more modern, more capable, more common car. I?ve touched nearly every fastener on the DL by now. Obsess daily about minute aspects of insignificant things.

My son and I have a history with this car. And when he drove it well and was delighted, that was a great moment. One I hope we can repeat next year.

With more power.

After a lot of digging, the boost and power of the car has been restored. The ignition timing was at 17* vs 12*. I don?t completely understand why this makes such a big difference, but boy howdy. The power is back.

Hopefully the transmission will survive until I can upgrade.

Back