• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

New turbo hose set up. Looks clean.

29F5FB8F-AF51-4C91-9D04-764C97A11C1E-M.jpg

Test drive! Engine up to temp. Second gear. Tip in. ?Pop!.. bog...?

Forgot to tighten the recirc valve clamp. Doh!

E820E26B-21C2-461C-B8D7-318F264801D8-M.jpg

Rough few days. This front cover reseal has been a challenge for me. Had it on and off, on and off. I think I have it now. Just need to reinstall the the timing belt / accessory belts. Perhaps tomorrow. Hopefully one more oil leak resolved.

As it often goes, I find myself getting disproportionately frustrated with the car the better it gets. Come so far, so far yet to go. Even if I gave it away, I would be massively ahead on annual expenses. Surrounded myself with Volvo on some many levels. Crazy. T-shirts with 240's. Garage posters / flags with Volvo. IG. Have we ever gone too far to walk away? Maybe, maybe not.

_Y1D0079_Burns%20Volvo%20Trip_201107-M.jpg

... Have we ever gone too far to walk away? Maybe, maybe not.

If you did what would you do?

That said, I'm second in line if my neighbor decides to sell his Jaguar XK-S in British Racing Green. I would have to let my 84 244 GL go as I couldn't keep them both. If it ever came to it I just think I would have to do it.

You would just replace the flags and posters with Austin Mini ones, start searching Mini’s on IG and post some likes, and make new memories. That’s what!

If you get rid of it you will wonder what it would have been like to keep it and if you would have been successful in getting it where you wanted it. If you keep it, you may or may not ever be satisfied and get it where you want it, and wonder what life would have been like if you got rid of it for another desired car.

I’ve owned many of super unique Aircooled VW’s. I no longer have any of them. I got tired of not being ever to get them where I wanted them and it made me unappreciative of them. Looking back, I wish I would have kept ALL of them if I could.

Either way you go, you will be happy with the results but there will always be the what if that bugs you and that’s just life.

I’m thankful for having met you and Rhonda and Volvo or not, the friendship will remain!!
Happy Thanksgiving Carl!!

Thanks guys. I've said it many times: "The car is merely access. It is a key to a great group of enthusiasts."

Like yourselves, I've had many cars that I wish I had kept. This one is unique in that, from the onset, I wanted to break the cycle. I suppose all relationships have their ups and downs.

Wish I had kept that Firebird Formula from college...

Back