• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 ABS and tone ring usability

Texas240

Prius Owner
300+ Club
Some 7-8 years ago in my younger and dumber days I removed abs thinking it was cool to not have it. (car is a 93 factory abs. G80 locker) Im working on gathering the rest of the parts needed to stick a C4 rear end in the wagon in the following months or year or at some point and the rear end casing/dana 36 does not have a tone ring like the 240 casing has. ABS will go in at the same time as the swap.

Question is, does the abs care how many teeth are missing in the tone ring to see slippage? I'll be running speedo signal from the VSS signal from the LS computer into a Dakota Digital converter box. Just need to know if anyone has any bit of info. If the abs doesn't care then I can stick a toothed ring on the driveshaft.

Thanks

Tone rings on the front and rear need to match. Running it on the driveline makes this impossible.

Yep, you need the same number of teeth per tire rotation on all 3 circuits. If you put it on a driveshaft, it would need fewer teeth to account for the diff gear ratio. Which would be hard to arrive at exactly starting with 48.

^^ Yeah, be a real man. ABS and synchros are for pussies. A real man can double clutch and shift a non-synchro trans all day long at any speed. Technology is for sissies.

Back