• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

Yesterday I was lamenting that some of the Jeep guys were able to sort out Covid-compliant trail runs and enjoy a day of fun. This morning, while flipping through my phone, I saw that it was snowing on the mountain. With nothing better to do than watch the four walls close in, I bolted on the snow tires and the wife and I ran up the hill for some fun. So nice to get out.

The car is running great. Almost like a "real car."

IMG_6363-M.jpg

On the drivers side of the engine block I found the following numbers: 498966 05456. I think the motor is an ?83 B21FT. Can anyone confirm?

Nothing wrong with a bit of trial and error when it comes to personal preference. Harald runs 400's on the nose of his 242! I'm pleased with the ride on my wagon. They say that the rear end of the 245 is bit heavier than a sedan. Don't know.

Nothing wrong with a bit of trial and error when it comes to personal preference. Harald runs 400's on the nose of his 242! I'm pleased with the ride on my wagon. They say that the rear end of the 245 is bit heavier than a sedan. Don't know.

I had gaz on the rears but it just felt like it was crashing and hitting so hard on the rears over bumps or humps in roads on residentials. On the softest setting or the hardest it just never felt right. Ive been tempted to try some billy HD's in the rear cause I remember those felt really good on chopped stock springs back in the day.

I had gaz on the rears but it just felt like it was crashing and hitting so hard on the rears over bumps or humps in roads on residentials. On the softest setting or the hardest it just never felt right. Ive been tempted to try some billy HD's in the rear cause I remember those felt really good on chopped stock springs back in the day.

Maybe specced wrong? My Gazs are smoother than billy HDs with IPD springs.

Maybe specced wrong? My Gazs are smoother than billy HDs with IPD springs.

Who knows. I have no idea what I did with the paper work that came with them. I'll probably throw them on again. I might even drop to a 125lb spring in the back. Im just like bla at this point.

Why thank you. Its not as pretty as she was when I got her back in Jan of 2008. Roof took a beating from being the summer sun in Texas over the years before getting a proper garage spot. If only I could dial in the rear suspension.

If you were me, what would you do next with the DL? Its actually a decent car now. In my mind next steps are expensive and only moderately interesting (more turbo, modern efi and a stronger transmission).

Call it "done" and drive it twice a month? A lot of my frustration is the covid car show ban. But even without that, I used tinker with the car every night and I miss that. Perhaps it's time to move on.

If it were my car and I was bored and there were no shows and I had desire to do anything, I would prep for paint and body and paint it, wet sand, and polish it for when the shows start back up.

Oh yeah you should definitely invest in painting tools so I can mooch off your equipment and expertise later on :lol:

If it were my car and I was bored and there were no shows and I had desire to do anything, I would prep for paint and body and paint it, wet sand, and polish it for when the shows start back up.

Good idea.

I painted my parents LeSabre and G20 window van in the driveway 100 years ago. Did my Firebird while working in a body shop as gopher. All of them where a ton of work. All of them looked way better when done. It?s a real skill. Takes a ton on patience. Maybe I could take some classes at the junior college.

Back