• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

T5 to T5 adapter (whiteblock engine to Ford 5 speed)

Doug kindly sent me the drawing for these over a month ago, interest will dictate how fast a run will happen. They sure do look nice!

I was in the talk with Lawrence for the T56 adapter but I don't see it happening anymore. I'd love to add that to my product line to, from T5 to Gm to T56, I could supply them all :p

I really thought about doing the T56. The upside is it'll hold the power I want to make better, the downside is they are just so dang expensive still. (Not that deals can't be found, but I'll be in about 1k by the time I do a 400ft/lbs rebuild on this T5 including the cost of the transmission. That's not bad)

I really thought about doing the T56. The upside is it'll hold the power I want to make better, the downside is they are just so dang expensive still. (Not that deals can't be found, but I'll be in about 1k by the time I do a 400ft/lbs rebuild on this T5 including the cost of the transmission. That's not bad)

And they're huuuuuuuuuuge.

6 speed though. Veddy nice.

That's true too lol.

That being said, I'm sure Roger could easily redraw for a T56. Chris did one for his 960 and it was an even easier plate to make (ideal for water jetting).

Really? Mine will be CNC'd because that's what's currently available to me. I'm in contact with a guy in town here who's opening a waterjet shop, so I may have the ability to crank some of these out as well.

dang about time someone made one. when will they be available?

Tonight if I wanted to stay up until midnight after I put the girls to sleep! :wtf:

I'm sure there are more things I need for my car and we can some some trading.

If there is no opposition, I could create a drawing (pdf) and upload the CAD files in a few different formats.

Really? Mine will be CNC'd because that's what's currently available to me. I'm in contact with a guy in town here who's opening a waterjet shop, so I may have the ability to crank some of these out as well.

Ideally water jet for the outside and inside profile, CNC mill or even a manual lathe for the "step" to register the bell housing.

Now that I think about it, I bet one could use a flat plate and use dowel pins in a radial pattern to locate the bell housing, Once the bolts are tightened up the bell housing isn't going to move. Use larger diameter dowels for a larger tangent mating.

Tonight if I wanted to stay up until midnight after I put the girls to sleep! :wtf:

I'm sure there are more things I need for my car and we can some some trading.

If there is no opposition, I could create a drawing (pdf) and upload the CAD files in a few different formats.

I got the goods you soon will have to goods - sounds good to me

but is your 242 running?

Last edited:
Now that I think about it, I bet one could use a flat plate and use dowel pins in a radial pattern to locate the bell housing, Once the bolts are tightened up the bell housing isn't going to move. Use larger diameter dowels for a larger tangent mating.

That's how Chris' worked. I can't find the thread at the moment but it was basically a much thinner piece of material and used dowel pins to align it.

I am still hoping you, or someone makes one. And an oil pan or cross member to fit the brick oil pan from the T5 engine.

If shortening the oil pan is your biggest hurdle you really need to re-think even doing a 5 cylinder swap. It's a trivial part of the swap in the grand scheme of things.

As doug mentioned, the stock 5 cylinder FWD pan is not very good anyway.

I could use the bell housing pattern. I'm doing a getrag adapter plate and I already have the getrag pattern. I can measure it myself but if you're offering I'd appreciate it.

I could use the bell housing pattern. I'm doing a getrag adapter plate and I already have the getrag pattern. I can measure it myself but if you're offering I'd appreciate it.

Angled,

getrag-maten.jpg

Last edited:
Back