• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Searching for 40mm exhaust valves

Roger88

Hi all!

Im from the UK and on the search for 40mm exhaust valves in Inconel for my 8v turbo head.

Would anyone know where I can buy some of these valves from?, I am not bothered ordering from another country if need be but I am aiming for 500-600bhp from my B230 once built.

I have already purchased K1 H beam rods and a set of Wiseco pistons so this project is moving forward atleast :-D

Cheers

Roger

EDIT: If anyone can advise me on valve spring setup and any other bits like seats and guides will be much appreciated!

Last edited:
I keep stainless exhaust valves. 38mm is the most popular option. Valve springs I keep stiffer single springs and double valve spring kits

Won't believe you will hit the target of 600 HP with a standard one 8V head

Have a look for a "EVO"-head

I see max 450HP with a 530 or 531

Good luck, Kay

I keep stainless exhaust valves. 38mm is the most popular option. Valve springs I keep stiffer single springs and double valve spring kits

Cheers for the heads up mate I will have a look at your valve springs when i get some valves sourced

Won't believe you will hit the target of 600 HP with a standard one 8V head

Have a look for a "EVO"-head

I see max 450HP with a 530 or 531

Good luck, Kay

Hi mate, I've seen Swedish builds putting out over 500bhp with major headwork with large valves etc so surely it's got to be do'able?

I could lean towards a 16v head if i could find one in the UK but I rather try the 8v head personally (Yes I know its not logical lol)

Cheers

Roger

I got my head gear from KGTrimning, very knowledgeable guys and speak pretty good English. Wouldn't touch classicswede with a barge pole.

I happen to know of one off hand putting around 425whp at 1.8b on a 9:1 B21 with just 46/38's so yeah, it's doable.

KL Racing may also have 40's, not sure about inconel though. I've had them made in the past thru REV when I had enough interest on one of my GB's, might be able to talk my supplier into doing a custom set for you since I have the pattern on file. I'd guess right around $50 each including shipping to me.

Back