• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvo Museum, Gothenburg - A few photos

bugjam1999

Hi all,

Bored of lockdown yet? I've got some pictures that might distract you for a moment or two...

Right at the start of the year, when Coronavirus was barely a news story and appeared to be confined to China, my girlfriend planned a surprise weekend away for my birthday ? to Gothenburg in Sweden to visit the Volvo museum.

The museum had a special exhibit for the 240 model which was coming to an end, and so it was the perfect time to go ? and given current events, who knows when anyone will be able to visit again.

I took quite a few pictures - hopefully you?ll see something of interest? enjoy.

Cheers

Just so you know you're in the right place, this yellow T5r is on top of a luggage carousel at the airport...

I've never seen pop out quarter windows on an 1800.

eFc9iI.jpg

I wonder how many of these cars had to be repurchased in order to have a museum. I'm curious as to the odometer numbers on these cars. It is a great museum. Volvo also has a smaller museum that I believe is not open to the general public. My wife and I were able to visit one year with a group from VCOA. It is much smaller with very few early truck engines and many 1/43 diecast cars in large display cabinets.

I wonder how many of these cars had to be repurchased in order to have a museum. I'm curious as to the odometer numbers on these cars. It is a great museum. Volvo also has a smaller museum that I believe is not open to the general public. My wife and I were able to visit one year with a group from VCOA. It is much smaller with very few early truck engines and many 1/43 diecast cars in large display cabinets.

I know for the North American museum, that many cars were repurchased. I saw the collection when it was still in the warehouse in NJ. The last time I was there, they had purchased a bunch of cars since the time I had been there before (2 years between visits). The cars were going to be on display at the SC plant.

I remember on a tour in Sweden they said that a couple of the cars had been "borrowed" from other peoples collections.

Jordan

Thanks for sharing!

I want to live in this room... just set up a desk, futon, and a monitor there in the middle and I'd be good:

hnMM6u.jpg

Thanks for posting
That orange plaid interior is glorious

Absolutely - I actually saw a car listed for sale here in the UK with that interior about a year ago. A LHD orange 244, the same as the one in the museum, the current owner said it was an import from Greece. I bought a lottery ticket that week, but alas...

I know for the North American museum, that many cars were repurchased. I saw the collection when it was still in the warehouse in NJ. The last time I was there, they had purchased a bunch of cars since the time I had been there before (2 years between visits). The cars were going to be on display at the SC plant.

I remember on a tour in Sweden they said that a couple of the cars had been "borrowed" from other peoples collections.

Jordan

I'm struggling to remember as I didn't take notes, but some of the cars were on loan from private collections - the 242GT definitely is.

Back