• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Most expensive Volvo Trays Ever

Shens are afoot:
SOME ARE COMPLETE SET OF (4) . OTHER SOLD BY PIECE = $40 EACH.

I'm guessing he wants to get you off of eBay to do a private transaction 'to avoid fees'. And also avoid buyer protections.

That seller buys and sells Volvo cars and parts all the time. His prices are not cheap but the parts tend to be good condition.

I bet the item is out of stock and he doesn't want to pay another relisting fee, so he prices them extraordinarily high. If you tried to buy them at $1k, you'd likely get a message saying they're unavailable.

You've probably run across an item from a person who sells items from a drop shipping company or large supplier. The person lists items for sale on their ebay account. When they get an order, they place the order with the company. The company goes to ship the item and find it's out of stock. They let the seller know, and of course the seller has to cancel with the buyer.

The reason for listing with ridiculous prices: Large sellers do that if their item is out of stock. In order to prevent/discourage people from buying the item, they hike the price to a ridiculous level and leave the listing where it is. This is called a placeholder listing. It is a policy violation for the seller to do that, but people do it anyway. When the item is back in stock, they return the price to it's original.

Book sellers on Amazon are notorious for this...so when you see a copy of your favorite adult coloring book selling for $995.00, that's not the real price...they're just out of stock Smiley Wink

All you have to do is call the number on the CL ad and ask if he has this for sale and how much. I bought a dash and rear valance cover from him. He mentioned at the time that he had a bad back and I would need to remove the items myself, so he adjusted the price in my favor and did the work. No big deal to remove what I needed.

We (swedishiron.com, drturbo, and I) usually sell them for $40/set at the iPd garage sale.

th

$40-50 is the going rate for average condition. I had some mint ones probably about 4 years ago, I think I sold them for about $80.

Back