• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Best LS swap forums? Or what electric waterpump fits?

I think you are over thinking this.

145309d1501888222-short-belt-mod-dsc01055.jpg

Easy to bypass power steering and AC is on it's own belt. So $13 for a new shorter belt, and remove AC and PS pumps.

Cause getting a 2010 corvette water pump on rock auto for Less then $100 and a $25 dollar set of a 3/4" spacers is so hard and looses 1-.25 inch on the pulley and gain space. Win win

there's an off the shelf pump you can get that is already spaced out... why add something else to leak?

I think you are over thinking this.

145309d1501888222-short-belt-mod-dsc01055.jpg

Easy to bypass power steering and AC is on it's own belt. So $13 for a new shorter belt, and remove AC and PS pumps.

I did the exact same on my 71 C10. Just Alt. EASY and GM Factory parts.

For the 960 LS I needed to go F Body pulleys, see ICT Billet as mentioned before. The huge benefit to the 3/4 spacers are the built in steam vent ports. Saves a step further down the road.

Make sure to use real GM "o-ring"/aluminum gaskets! The el cheapo fiber gaskets are just that.

And yes, do not overthink it. KISS.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...92ghgk9qCXnXFBuIKrKSprKDIJvi-olRoCWx4QAvD_BwE

Did this on my Fairmont. Alternator only on a truck water pump. About as cheap and easy as it gets

This is the bracket I used as well, gives you miles of room for exhaust routing forward. Only downside I encountered with this bracket kit was routing the belt with a straight outlet water neck/t-stat housing on the truck pump. I had to get creative and make my own idler pulley to get the room for the lower rad hose.

there's an off the shelf pump you can get that is already spaced out... why add something else to leak?

Cause I'm using these spacers for 2 years now with out leakage. What vehicle is this non spaced out water pump with shorter pulley and has the output on the passenger side that I'm not remembering?

You can also hack off the bottom of the truck bracket. Hog out the holes and flip it sideways and use a 68 inch belt. Ugly as hell but it works as well. Just use the stock truck tensioner

Thanks for all the answers..so many options. This is why I love TB and posted here instead of a random LSX forum.

:rockon: Although I really like LS1Tech Hybrids & Conversion forum... But, it has been infiltrated by perfectionists with too much money. There is a delicate balance between Sloppy and Perfect($). Aim for the middle on a budget. LS engines just work, don't overthink it.

Cause I'm using these spacers for 2 years now with out leakage. What vehicle is this non spaced out water pump with shorter pulley and has the output on the passenger side that I'm not remembering?

part number is in my 940 thread somewhere.
159051683.jpg

159146315.jpg

not sure why you'd want a passenger side outlet since all the volvo radiators are on the driver's side.

ah here it is ACDelco 251-734. truck spaced accessories. went through a lot of trouble to keep the truck spacing, and I really couldn't tell you why I did that other than a/c and a lack of suitable bracket choices at the time. or maybe it was something to do with the brackets and a new crank pulley, I'm not sure. that info may be in the build thread.

part number is in my 940 thread somewhere.
159051683.jpg

159146315.jpg

not sure why you'd want a passenger side outlet since all the volvo radiators are on the driver's side.

ah here it is ACDelco 251-734. truck spaced accessories. went through a lot of trouble to keep the truck spacing, and I really couldn't tell you why I did that other than a/c and a lack of suitable bracket choices at the time. or maybe it was something to do with the brackets and a new crank pulley, I'm not sure. that info may be in the build thread.

Because the pulley setup I'm getting for my supercharger is in the way of that drivers output.

Because the pulley setup I'm getting for my supercharger is in the way of that drivers output.

F Body or 2010+ Camaro SS water pump will work then as the output is on the passenger side.

... I thought 240s had more hood clearance? If so the stock Truck WP will work, but you need the truck intake manifold to match. (LS1/LS6 short intake manifolds do not work with the Truck WP)

F Body or 2010+ Camaro SS water pump will work then as the output is on the passenger side.

... I thought 240s had more hood clearance? If so the stock Truck WP will work, but you need the truck intake manifold to match. (LS1/LS6 short intake manifolds do not work with the Truck WP)

your missing my point. F body water pump the pulley is thicker and takes up space, Camaro SS output is on the drivers side

My bad on the 2010+SS it is drivers side.

I am using the F Body WP and it seems thin enough for a 960 swap. BUT you are correct that the pulley snout seems 2-3" farther out than it needs to be compared with the crank pulley.

IIRC I may have had to stick with the LS1 WP due to the Truck based accessories even with the ICT Billet kit.

2008+ silverado water pump if you want the output on passenger side

Interesting option!

I wonder how much lower the tube is than the pre-2007 truck WP? Again 240 might not care.

Also the WP is still threaded for a mechanical fan and IDK how much shorter that "snout" would be? + potential offset issues w/ Truck vs LS1 accessories.

My bad on the 2010+SS it is drivers side.

I am using the F Body WP and it seems thin enough for a 960 swap. BUT you are correct that the pulley snout seems 2-3" farther out than it needs to be compared with the crank pulley.

IIRC I may have had to stick with the LS1 WP due to the Truck based accessories even with the ICT Billet kit.

I have the 96 camaro water pump with outlet on passenger side front of pump. On a 240 you get 1/4" of space between the pulley snout and 960 fan when the engine is in the all the way back position with the sts mounts.

Interesting option!

I wonder how much lower the tube is than the pre-2007 truck WP? Again 240 might not care.

Also the WP is still threaded for a mechanical fan and IDK how much shorter that "snout" would be? + potential offset issues w/ Truck vs LS1 accessories.

All you need is a 3/4" spacer like I have and it sets in the right position for F body accessories.

If you're going to buy the pump and accessor brackets anyway, buy the 05 corvette pump and get the matching balancer. It gives you so much more room for activities in the engine bay.

Info_LSx.php_txt_LSxBalancers.gif

If you're going to buy the pump and accessor brackets anyway, buy the 05 corvette pump and get the matching balancer. It gives you so much more room for activities in the engine bay.

Info_LSx.php_txt_LSxBalancers.gif

The one thing to look at is if you do choose to go all corvette accessories is that the ac compressor has a different bolt mounting pattern and the those compressors are a constant on variable pressure compressor compared to on/off cycle type.

Back