• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B234 16v stronger valve springs

Roger88

Hi all,

I am currently building a B230 with a B234 16v head, this will be a turbo motor,

I am trying to look for some stronger/uprated valve springs if anyone could help or point me in the right direction to get hold of a set?

Cheers

Roger

OEM ford modular springs are good for stock cams (at least), I put a set of BTR springs in mine (single spring, upgraded ford modular spring) and it happily winds on up

If you are buying the stuff from josh, might want to pick up a billet crank gear while you're "in there", the OE gears are not very stout and subject to break

I'd recommend using the BTR springs that linuxman mentioned, if you're going to be spinning higher than stock RPMs. The Sealed Power springs are about a 5% upgrade over a new stock 16v spring, the BTR springs are a decent bit more (I can't remember the specs off the top of me head).

With the BTR springs, the engine will rev to at least 8k rpm with hydraulic lifters.

If you are buying the stuff from josh, might want to pick up a billet crank gear while you're "in there", the OE gears are not very stout and subject to break

Cheers for the reply guys!

I just checked out the yoshifab link, seems like I will buy them.

I already bought a billet crank gear from Kl racing and a fair few other goodies!

Once I have built up the bottom end I will post up a build thread guys :-D

Cheers again!

Roger

OEM ford modular springs are good for stock cams (at least), I put a set of BTR springs in mine (single spring, upgraded ford modular spring) and it happily winds on up

Slight thread-jack.
When did you swap in the BTR springs? I know we had talked about it a while ago..
I'm mostly curious how much better they worked over the sealed power springs.
What cams are you running now?

I'd recommend using the BTR springs that linuxman mentioned, if you're going to be spinning higher than stock RPMs. The Sealed Power springs are about a 5% upgrade over a new stock 16v spring, the BTR springs are a decent bit more (I can't remember the specs off the top of me head).

With the BTR springs, the engine will rev to at least 8k rpm with hydraulic lifters.

Can confirm. No float at 8000. YMMV with high boost though.

Slight thread-jack.
When did you swap in the BTR springs? I know we had talked about it a while ago..
I'm mostly curious how much better they worked over the sealed power springs.
What cams are you running now?

when I put the 2.3L together that's in the gold car right now. I don't really have much in the way of back to back info, I ran the sealed power stuff years ago but the drag car had some comp springs in it. the green wagon probably had a set of sealed power springs in it, but with stock cams. Goldie has Josh's off the shelf cams in it (and they seem to work quite well)

Back