• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Why the lower effect on US 240 Turbo?

I would think so. With that said, maybe the cowling in your 240 will suffice? If you want, I can take some pictures later on today of mine and do some measuring

Also, the original Volvo intercooler is nothing to be proud of

Please do so! It would be great to see some pictures. Yeah, I can understand that the original intercooler is quite crappy. It's the other things in the original kit that interests me, not the intercooler in itself.

What's the difference between the T-cam and the camshaft that is in the B21ET?

The part number for the IC fan shroud is 1346434, but it has been discontinued. :( The rubber supports are still available, but not the brackets.

In what way is the ignition distributor different? I'm going to buy new distributor parts but I don't want to buy the wrong ones. Will it work fine with whatever B21 distributor parts or does it have to be specific parts for B21FT?

Here you can see some pictures of my Volvo 245 Turbo 1982. The forum thread is in Swedish but you can still look at the pictures. ;)

https://www.jagrullar.se/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=156698

Turbo distributors have the ability to retard the timing under boost. ET and FT distributors have slightly different curves.

B21FT
TurboDistributorAdvanceChart.jpg

B21ET
TurboDistributorAdvanceChartB21ET.jpg

I have a NOS B21ET distributor but I don't know if I want to sell it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip! Making brackets by yourself can't be that difficult. Of course depending on how much you care about the look.

I'm not going to replace the whole distributor unless I have to. And switching to an ET distributor may not end up particularly well I guess if I don't change some other things too. The rotor cap and rotor (if that's what you call it?) would I like to replace however. That shouldn't be any problems, right? Regular parts for a B21 should work? Or if they are the same for all the red blocks?

Back