• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Propav8r buys a P2 V70R

Updates on suspension? 4c is a pretty slick system to have. Was nice when we picked up the 05 and works great in our 07 too, though mileage is around 60k on the car.

4C is amazing when it works well. But if you want these cars to corner well, throw some IPD sways and KW coil overs and it'll be as close to a large go-kart as it can get.

Didn't think he would ever sell it

But I've been lost in an [unintended] home remodel for the last 3.5 years.

Nice car, I know he kept it up well (and i am late to the party)

I haven't done anything about the suspension yet. I'm pretty much consigned to BC coilovers with a little softer spring than what comes out of the box.

I've thought about buying 4C struts from FCP and just using the lifetime warranty when they go out again, but the main issue I have with them is the suspension crash over bumps. I HATE that. Feels like the entire interior is going to fall apart if you hit a rough bridge transition at 70. New 4C struts with lowering springs is going to be the exact same.

I wonder if the lowering springs are partially to blame for that. The BC set up seems very affordable for what you get and looking at what owners are saying about them, they seem like a legitimate set of coil overs.

I wonder if the lowering springs are partially to blame for that. The BC set up seems very affordable for what you get and looking at what owners are saying about them, they seem like a legitimate set of coil overs.

I'm sure. There are some reports of other brands of lowering springs being better, but I'm told that the 4C is somewhat crashy even in stock form.

I've spoken to 3 or 4 people that have the BC setup on their car. All of them really like it.

Just picked me up a ‘04 silver/atacama v70r. I have a lot of work to get to stage 0 but what’s the exhaust setup like? Is it as much drone as most people say?

I'm sure. There are some reports of other brands of lowering springs being better, but I'm told that the 4C is somewhat crashy even in stock form.

I've spoken to 3 or 4 people that have the BC setup on their car. All of them really like it.

can confirm, our stock s60R at 80k miles(purchased used) crashed hard over large bumps even on the softest setting, rode great otherwise.

Didnt really get worse in the 60k miles we put on it, never replaced them as read it would do the same, and they were $$

Just rolled 130k the other day. Derrick/940Guy did a bunch of work on it a couple weeks ago...the angle gear was leaking a bit, and my driver's side CV boot had torn, so I took it to his shop and he fixed me up. Also replaced the leaking thermostat housing at the same time.

vl3Amfah.jpg

The suspension has been getting gradually worse over the past few months, and the right rear shock is almost completely dead, and both front struts are nearly so. Gotta do something.

I flirted with the idea of rebuilding the 4C if for no other reason than I'm a nerd, and I like when things work the way they're designed. I rode in another local's V70R with fresh 4C suspension and TME lowering springs, and I was really impressed. The springs make all the difference it seems. That car wasn't crashy at all.

In the end though, my car had rear 4C shocks replaced about 30k ago, and the passenger side front was replaced at some point not too long before that. So there's a recipe for lowered 4C that works, but I just don't have faith in lowered 4C lasting a significant amount of time.

So, I decided to go with coilovers. I really don't hate BCs. I drove a car with them and was pleasantly surprised, but in the end I decided to spend a few more shekels and go with KWs. Placed the order last night, hopefully I'll have them in a week or three.

Resistor mod only works on '04. Nobody (that I'm aware of) has figured out a way to fool 05+ cars without cutting the inducer out of the strut and tying it back up out of the way.

Resistor mod only works on '04. Nobody (that I'm aware of) has figured out a way to fool 05+ cars without cutting the inducer out of the strut and tying it back up out of the way.

Welp, there ya go. I was under the impression the only solution was cutting the inducer out of the strut.

Yeah, only the 04's have the simpler system that allowed the resistor mod. I loved my KW's on my car, it really made it pleasant to drive. Here it is after the install. I don't think I'm ready to do to my current 05, but who knows....

DSC_0064 by Matt Bonaime, on Flickr

Last edited:
Yes!
BYW, check the inside of your shock towers when you install them. You don't have a Canadian car but after seeing a couple of wagons with rusted out shock towers, I feel like we should all be checking our cars.

How low will you go ? Current height or lower ? Are you scraping at all as-is ?

Yes!
BYW, check the inside of your shock towers when you install them. You don't have a Canadian car but after seeing a couple of wagons with rusted out shock towers, I feel like we should all be checking our cars.

How low will you go ? Current height or lower ? Are you scraping at all as-is ?

Should read Eastern Canada/NE USA.

Where did you order from? My apprentice is looking at some KW's.

Jordan

Ordered them from Viva. Placed my order on Sunday night, the package showed up on Wednesday morning.

I’ve had the struts off before and inspected my strut towers then. All nice and clean up there even though this was originally a CT car.

I probably won’t go any lower. I think the ride height is about perfect as-is. I occasionally drag the exhaust on tall speedbumps, but that’s it.

Back