• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

M90 ttv and 850r clutch problems

roastyleg

Hi guys just after some feedback from people that have done this swap?
We have just done this flywheel and clutch. Having a few problems.
First and reverse are really hard to get into. Adjustaing pivot ball and spacing rod either makes it slip or hard to get into first and second. Doesn?t seem to be a sweet spot. Also when box warms up gears become notchy?
So for those of you that have done this have you been able to make the gears feel smooth? Thanks :)
Also have swapped in new slave which apparently helped a little. Has the retro turbo pilot bearing and new release bearing also.

Having some trouble engaging first and especially reverse is a basic feature of a worn M90. Put it in second first and then try reverse, should engage much easier.

Oh lawd :(
Gearbox was perfect with the dual mass flywheel and clutch in it :(
So if I had a gearbox in good Nic, I wouldn?t have any issues like I?m having now?
And anybody have a hook up on a nice unabused m90?

no.. it is caused by the singlemass.. i sometimes carry a log with me just to put it between clutch and the seat so the clutch is fully engaged while idling cause it sounds like the car falls apart every moment ;)

no.. it is caused by the singlemass.. i sometimes carry a log with me just to put it between clutch and the seat so the clutch is fully engaged while idling cause it sounds like the car falls apart every moment ;)

That's funny. I do the exact same thing. I'm ashamed by what people think when they hear the noise :p

what oil are you using in the box?

We put in something around the recommended weight, then I think we added Morreys to thicken it up.

It?s funny because when researching about the ?upgrade? this is, no one ever mentions its downfalls lol

We put in something around the recommended weight, then I think we added Morreys to thicken it up.

It’s funny because when researching about the “upgrade” this is, no one ever mentions its downfalls lol

Ive been running a used M90 for 12 years....never a problem and shifts nicely. Replaced all seals before install, replaced nylon pivot ball/fork sleeve and replaced fluid with Genuine fluid slightly above max as recommended. Now has about 50k miles since install.
About to replace fluid with MT L in a few weeks when I drop the box for a RMS replacement. Will replace ball and nylon sleeve with new Genuine at same time.

Only issue I have ever had is difficult selection of reverse and first when over 35C in summer time after hard running.

Ps.....used a complete m90 diesel clutch kit rather than cobbled together 850 friction disk/ pressure plate with a 740 dogdish.

Back