• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

I'm a fan of the T5, but the one's I've worked on and modified have all been quiet on 4cyl cars...

Harlard, get that BMW wagon done so you can rip out your T5 and bring it over for a check-up :)

My t5 makes so much noise that the rest of the car feels like a luxury yacht by comparison when I press the clutch pedal at 60.

Can confirm. Harlards car feels like it's going to fall apart at 3k on decel. It's REALLY bad lol.

harald's is the only t5 car i've driven that didn't annoy me, but that was before it started falling apart. i just wish it was as easy to do some kind of toyota transmission as it is to do a t5.

I love my T5. No noises. Guess it’s the only lucky thing on my car so far. Oh and the exhaust heat wrap not rusting.

Been buying and selling like a fiend trying keep a "net zero." LOL.

Actuator and injectors ordered. Late-model manifold heat shields are on the way. STS drain fitting here. ATP WG hardware / V-band / etc. en route. Need to revisit my exhaust flex thing choice.

Maybe start cleaning things up and replace the pan gasket while we wait on the exhaust manifold machine work.

I have an AR5 that was originally slated for another project that didn't work out and I've often wondered how it would fit in my 245.

I have an AR5 that was originally slated for another project that didn't work out and I've often wondered how it would fit in my 245.

Packaging wise, it fit into my 242 with no hammering at all. Shifter location is suboptimal but that could be solved with the Solstice version. I measured input shaft length and it looks like it would work with an adapter plate and bellhousing, and the gear ratios aren't hugely different.

I have the Solstice version (it's actually still bolted to a Solstice engine, sadly not the turbo one though). Guess I know what I need to do if the AW71 ever craps out. :lol:

A couple years ago.

CA89750B-C3FE-406A-AE94-6ADEB3C93BED-M.jpg

No time to wrench. Some parts are arriving. Pan came right off. Gasket was hard. Not the cleanest, or the dirtiest, motor I've seen.

86D2BED2-B737-42BA-905E-CD5DD98F1880-M.jpg

PCV drain tube is hard but, probably, functional.

02D4A223-0D90-4BA6-988C-6DF4BAD09E43-M.jpg

Just need the manifold and turbo oil lines.

Back