• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vintage Late 140 the same as 240?

sksmith

Are these lower windshield corners the same on my 73 as a later 240?
I need to remove some rust in each corner of the windshield. I'm pretty sure I can find a 240 in a yard nearby if they are the same.
Thanks,
Steve

dCBjawX.jpg

I've got a pair of '74 145s that are a light weekend of work away from the crusher. One of 'em's got a bit of rust in that area as well, but the other one's fairly clean. I have nightmares from the work it took to angle grinder off some 242 quarters a while back, but if you have the tools/experience to pull it off (pun intended), shoot me a PM.

Last edited:
I've got a pair of '74 145s that are a light weekend of work away from the crusher. One of 'em's got a bit of rust in that area as well, but the other one's fairly clean. I have nightmares from the work it took to angle grinder off some 242 quarters a while back, but if you have the tools/experience to pull it off (pun intended), shoot me a PM.

Memphis is fairly close.....
Let me ask my wife if she would like to take a long weekend. We could head down on a Friday & I have a cordless sawz-all that could take care of getting those out!
I'll let you know shortly.
You have a PM!
Thanks,
Steve

Last edited:
Is it just the top of the frame that is rusty? Why not just cut out the rust and weld in a section of metal.

Is it just the top of the frame that is rusty? Why not just cut out the rust and weld in a section of metal.

Nel21,
I haven't removed the windshield yet, don't know what it looks like under it, & I really don't want to form the pieces. I would rather have Volvo stamped metal that I know will fit right, as mentioned in my "wanted" thread.
I'm not much of a metal worker, & if I have someone do it for me the work for me I'd rather they not have to spend valuable hours forming them either. If good ones are available, that is what I'd prefer.
I want to make sure that I have sections with enough "meat" on them just in case I need it. I sent a PM to vertigosity. Memphis is about 3-1/2 hours away, and my wife has never been. It will make for a nice weekend & it sound like he has what I'm looking for!
Thanks,
Steve

I hear ya. Make sure the missus knows what kind of road trip she's in for. :) I had similar issues on my coupe.
Sheet%20metal%20repair%20sections%20005_zpscwkx9de9.jpg

A%20pillar%20passenger%20sided%20repaired_zpsdszsqkch.jpg

Bertone%20silver%20paint%20007_zpsxvqljdsw.jpg

Not sure why the Photosuckit pics posted blurry. What is their issue? Have fun in Memphis!

I would be happier if they just delete all the pictures instead of f**king with them. First a watermark, now the blur. What's next just a blank ?

Back