• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The Buchka 242 Fake Racecar

Yep. Tieing into the front main stay above the bend is a small compromise I had to make in order to re-use the existing tube arrangement.

Bummer. If you can do "Nascar" door bars it will mountains easier to get in and out of the car. I've raced cars with the "X" and the "Nascar" I can get in and out of the later almost as quick as a car with a cage.

Geez, How fast you gonna be going when you crash? Seems overkill for a simple street car, but I know little

EDIT: I thought I read somewhere this car was gonna be simple, guess I mis remembered. It is awesome plus 49 fo sure, really enjoying the engineering and fabbing

Last edited:
Geez, How fast you gonna be going when you crash? Seems overkill for a simple street car, but I know little

It's not just a "safety cage" anymore, it's literally the structure of the car. Also, not a street car, it's a fake race car.

Are you going to retain the c5 suspension geometry out back? Those cars are very wide in the back end it seems

The torque tube, trans, and diff are the only C5 parts. Everything else is from scratch.

Bummer. If you can do "Nascar" door bars it will mountains easier to get in and out of the car. I've raced cars with the "X" and the "Nascar" I can get in and out of the later almost as quick as a car with a cage.

The straight X bars have better stiffness to weight than the NASCAR style. Also considering the position of the main hoop and front main stays in relation to the body I think NASCAR style door bars will actually compromise the side impact safety compared to the X on there now.

Just when I didn't think this project could get any cooler, it does! Very excited to see how this all comes together

You should host the TB auto cross Olympics in it with the 6 or so people here qualified to drive it. Get it sponsored by pick n pull and diet dr pepper

It's more interesting to me than watching another ls1 go in a 240. Atleast the buchkas is:

Volvo powered
Technically challenging
Well thought out and executed

its:
kind of volvo powered
technically challenging? sort of, but they are just building a chassis at this point and making it look like a 240
and yes, well thought out, but to have an LS-swap car that drives like that motor came in the car isnt the easiest thing ever.

Yes, an LS swap in an otherwise stock car is on par with designing and building a chassis and suspension from scratch. Any other asinine observations you care to add?

Yes, an LS swap in an otherwise stock car is on par with designing and building a chassis and suspension from scratch. Any other asinine observations you care to add?

yes, because I made that direct correlation between those two things.

not enough people stroking your ego for you, so you needed to do it a little yourself there?

I am not discounting your work or though process at all, but doug making an LS swap sound like the easiest thing in the world is not okay.

I did an LS swap blindfolded behind my back for $100 with only a retarded baby to guide me. It's based on the '57 Chevy platform so you can buy parts at Wal-Mart and Home Depot.

Back