• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

13c Dyno Numbers

last 13t I saw (think sam still has it sitting around somewhere actually), was a td04hl, not a td04h, so it'd have the larger turbine wheel. if you went thro a lot of trouble you could probably make it work, but it's not really worth the effort

Yeah, that casual search I mentioned earlier listed them as TD04L's (or TDO4H's) vs HL's.

This talks about the TD04L, which is really strange.
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1213890

And then....
13T.jpg

Here's a good break down from a bloke on nasoic.

Wheel Exducer (in.) Inducer (in.) Trim
TD04..........1.57.....1.86....71
TD04L.........1.62.....1.86....76
TD04H........1.74.....2.04....73
TD04HL.......1.80.....2.05....77
TE04H.........1.88.....2.01....87

But either way...

1) It's easy enough to deal with (making a Franken-turbo).
2) I don't ever want to deal with TD04's again. :lol:

Last edited:
Just for ****s and grins, plot out 20psi for a redblock at 90% ve on that map.. its laughable

Then find a map for a 13c... off the map at 3400rpm. Edit: not off the map, but at 70% efficiency and dropping. The cfm you're moving by redline isn't even on the axis

I mean yeah it works for now, but dayum. Spinning that turbo to death fordamnsure

I have seen countless threads with kids with giant Holset turbos, MS, blingy engine bays with no timeslips to backup that they have actually made the car faster.

:wave:

You weren't such a tough guy when you were asking to borrow my tools to install parts on your car.

giphy.gif

seriously though, I'm still stuck on page 1, horsepower is a power measurement, how on earth do the horsepower & torque curves not cross at the constant?

seriously though, I'm still stuck on page 1, horsepower is a power measurement, how on earth do the horsepower & torque curves not cross at the constant?

HP and TQ scales are not identical, so you won't see it. I promise it has nothing to do with what kind of dyno it is though

Just for ****s and grins, plot out 20psi for a redblock at 90% ve on that map.. its laughable

Then find a map for a 13c... off the map at 3400rpm. Edit: not off the map, but at 70% efficiency and dropping. The cfm you're moving by redline isn't even on the axis

I mean yeah it works for now, but dayum. Spinning that turbo to death fordamnsure

:nod:

Sorry to be late to respond here and miss the dickswinging contest, only to interrupt it with a response to a post from yesterday. I ran meth not so I could crank the boost to some low efficiency but rather increased my timing and stay at a sane boost level. I have played with higher levels (17/18psi) and there was a decrease in power so that's why it went back down.

Yalls fight is making me want to dig out my old 13c and slap it on one of these cars to see what I can do with it. Then again y'all are shooting for the fastest slowest turbo volvo

No dick-swinging here. I run WM 50 on my track toy for that exact reason. But i know it has potentially other benefits (perticually pre turbo). Just curious before I find time to fit my 16t if this was a worthwhile mod as it's purely a dd.

This thread is entertaining.
I had similar responses when I ran 23psi on a stockish b21ft manual 242 (42/63 T3).
Out of it's efficiency range for sure, but it still made considerably more power than it did in it's efficiency range. Turbo lasted abut a year.

Everyone cries about it not making more power out of it's range has just never pushed cheap/free parts to their limits.

I've been in a lot of modified 240's. Most are slower than a well sorted stockish car.

Everyone cries about it not making more power out of it's range has just never pushed cheap/free parts to their limits.

I'm pretty sure not a single person here cried. Nobody was upset in the slightest. Just merely stating facts.

If he wants to turn his 13c into a hair dryer, who am I or anyone else to stop him. :cool:

This thread is entertaining.
I had similar responses when I ran 23psi on a stockish b21ft manual 242 (42/63 T3).
Out of it's efficiency range for sure, but it still made considerably more power than it did in it's efficiency range. Turbo lasted abut a year.

I've been in a lot of modified 240's. Most are slower than a well sorted stockish car.

past a certain point it doesn't make any more horsepower, but it can make more peak torque. (12psi isn't that point though hahah). the 16g setup on the 940 got to that point, it'd make 33 some odd psi at 3500ish, but wouldn't hold more than 24 out the top, even with a door spring on the wastegate and the bcs closed.

Interesting comments from different folks. I usually don't surf TB too often mainly due to thousands of useless words. But I would like to mention that the OP has a pretty good head on his shoulders. Lurking in the shadows I have been building up my welding/machine shop. He does have something in the works that I have been working on .

Last edited:
which ase cert covers the prevention of that? the one that tells you not to torque the rod bolts? where does one hook the scope up to determine imminent cooling system failure when the components are all new? (incidentally it was the rear tires, but in your drug induced state I wouldn't expect you to handle details too well, and your track record underscores that nicely).

Last edited:
Back