• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

GM Automagic Behind A Whiteblock.

there's supposed to be some "gap" there, that doesn't look all that bad. the diameter on the adapter could be changed fairly easily.

by gap I mean when you're putting a trans in a car, typically the converter slides back forwards to bolt up to the flex plate. I think they actually call it 'float'

I am intrigued by this though, good info!

Correct. Normally 1/8" is a recommended gap for most GM transmissions.

I'm going to drill the flexplate to fit the adapter, and find someone to machine some spacers 1/4" or 5/16" to move the adapter off the flexplate. Might help with the converter bolts interfering with the crank sensor as well. Then just machine something for the pilot bushing.

That particular converter is a dual pattern 11.5 & 10.75". The converter I have made will only be the smaller pattern.

This is the vertical adapter.

The converter is sitting all the way back in the photos. The Gap is a bit larger than it looks, ~.300" or more. I'd like to see half that.

The issue I'm seeing is getting the spacers in place. The adapter is designed to be bolted to the converter first, then bolted to the flexplate. Getting the spacers lined up while threading the bolts in will be a tedious task. Ideally this would all be one piece :-P

This morning I drilled the flexplate out for the adapter to bolt to and I ran into an issue. The adapter pattern is too small to get the bolts in once the flexplate is bolted to the crank. You can reach them if the oil pan is off, but I'm not gonna drop the oil pan every time I need to drop the trans.

Seems like we might need to wait for an adapter made for whiteblocks to come along. I unfortunately don't know anyone locally capable of producing one, but I'd be willing to supply parts/time if I did.

Roger should be able to work something up if it's just a difference in bolt pattern. Have you tried contacting him yet? Maybe let him know you're up to being a guinea pig? lol

Roger should be able to work something up if it's just a difference in bolt pattern. Have you tried contacting him yet? Maybe let him know you're up to being a guinea pig? lol

I sent him and e-mail earlier. We'll see what he says.

The entire diameter of the adapter will need to change.

This is the vertical adapter.

The converter is sitting all the way back in the photos. The Gap is a bit larger than it looks, ~.300" or more. I'd like to see half that.

The issue I'm seeing is getting the spacers in place. The adapter is designed to be bolted to the converter first, then bolted to the flexplate. Getting the spacers lined up while threading the bolts in will be a tedious task. Ideally this would all be one piece :-P

I agree 1 piece would be nice but I just reread this and realized you want to put your spacers between the flexplate and the adapter. Why not between the adapter and converter lugs? Looks like the lugs won't clear the tone ring anyways.

The pilot for the converter would not reach the adapter if I did it that way. Yet another thing you'd have to machine.

Roger specifies that his adapter only work with 10.75" pattern converters for that reason. The converter pictured is not the one I will be using. Simply had it for mock-up.

Hi guys!

I do have a whiteblock flexplate in stock and all of the measurement from the redblock adapter. It would be really simple to make a new one to adapt both half.

Can you get me how much thicker it would need to be to reach the converter? I'll see what I can mock up with what I have here.

Cheers!

Back