• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Bosch Pre-Pump Upgrade

Goatman

Last edited:
I find it hard to believe that the filter in that link is "genuine OEM" at that price.

A 740t in-tank pump is a good upgrade over the stock 1983 240 unit. This is what I did.

You could also go with a Walbro 255 pump by itself, and remove the main pump under the car. I haven't gone that route, so I don't know the specifics of the install.

I find it hard to believe that the filter in that link is "genuine OEM" at that price.

A 740t in-tank pump is a good upgrade over the stock 1983 240 unit. This is what I did.

You could also go with a Walbro 255 pump by itself, and remove the main pump under the car. I haven't gone that route, so I don't know the specifics of the install.

Thanks, the Bosch 044 is fitted and operational. I also retained the original pump in line. The 044 flows like niagra. It filled a decent size pan half full in about 5 seconds. Pretty incredible through 1/4" hose.

Goatman

You can also use a walbro as prepump and keep the 044. that would be the smarter option

teflon.jpg

I also kept the old main pump, near the left rear wheel.

Goatman

Back