• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

What if we flashed the 240?

Krayzie

Allo again! So after much reading and lurking in the shadows of t bricks I can honestly say a few things for certain...

1. Volvo enthusiasts will relentlessly ridicule and devour their own kind like no other enthusiast, except maybe Honda freaks.

2. We seem to have the least in performance upgrades available to any other auto manufacturers besides say...triumph.

3. Be it good or bad, we turn all the heads!

With that said I've also noticed when people opt to add snail power to their otherwise naturally aspirated brick, the turbo ecu swaps are the only answer to safe air and fuel management amongst all else those nifty boxes filled with unicorns and rainbows regulate. But let's just say for poops and laughs the world's supply of turbo ecu's suddenly vanish from our grasp... can the stock na computers be flashed? Is it something that would accomplish the same goals as the swaps and keep our custom jobbies running like a voraciously raped ape?

I also haven't seen much advice offered on the ignition system upgrade beyond basic tune up goods and the turbo ignition system module swap. Again, if said turbo brains weren't available to get would the installation of colder plugs and better wires, cap, rotor and upgrade to performance coil suffice? Assuming of course we all run high octane at all times and don't go bat**** crazy with boost.

Just got curious and figured I'd toss the ideas out and wait for the piranha frenzy.

Allo again! So after much reading and lurking in the shadows of t bricks I can honestly say a few things for certain...

1. Volvo enthusiasts will relentlessly ridicule and devour their own kind like no other enthusiast, except maybe Honda freaks.

2. We seem to have the least in performance upgrades available to any other auto manufacturers besides say...triumph.

3. Be it good or bad, we turn all the heads!

With that said I've also noticed when people opt to add snail power to their otherwise naturally aspirated brick, the turbo ecu swaps are the only answer to safe air and fuel management amongst all else those nifty boxes filled with unicorns and rainbows regulate. But let's just say for poops and laughs the world's supply of turbo ecu's suddenly vanish from our grasp... can the stock na computers be flashed? Is it something that would accomplish the same goals as the swaps and keep our custom jobbies running like a voraciously raped ape?

I also haven't seen much advice offered on the ignition system upgrade beyond basic tune up goods and the turbo ignition system module swap. Again, if said turbo brains weren't available to get would the installation of colder plugs and better wires, cap, rotor and upgrade to performance coil suffice? Assuming of course we all run high octane at all times and don't go bat**** crazy with boost.

Just got curious and figured I'd toss the ideas out and wait for the piranha frenzy.

There are analog/mechanical "fixes" for all the above if you only had the n/a ECU. Look at the cars that have CIS.

However I am fairly certain the n/a boxes could be hacked to adjust for more fuel and less ignition advancement.

I'd venture to say a vast majority of the non stock turbo cars on here aren't running factory ECU's anymore anyways. If the world dried up of them, I doubt many would notice.

Ok so with this in mind, knowing Euro cars use a programming that's as different as Windows Vista is to Linux in comparison to the program Japan and American companies use, how hard would it be to have someone drop trousers on the NA ecu and flash in some changes to fuel and timing? Giant pain? Pretty simple?

Ok so with this in mind, knowing Euro cars use a programming that's as different as Windows Vista is to Linux in comparison to the program Japan and American companies use, how hard would it be to have someone drop trousers on the NA ecu and flash in some changes to fuel and timing? Giant pain? Pretty simple?

Dude, at least wait until noontime to get fully baked!

Are you related to recman4 or calimeatwagon?

For you, I'd say your abilities to use the search function are a reflection of your low level coding abilities.

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=227153

Oh gee thanks mister! I never was a Google geek really but thank the good lord we have such tech savvy gentlemen like you to guide us poorly educated Neanderthals! I appreciate the help regardless of your snide and needless douchebaggery. For the record though lending a hand doesn't require one to show their skills as a prick.

I would talk down to OP for many reasons but I couldn't be less bothered. Ugh, why am I bumping this thread? What is the meaning of turbo? How stock can PSI support?

Why am I picking this thread to answer to in particular? Am I feeling existential? Yes? Is it because this thread is a waste of server space that I'm helping to pay for?

Probably.

I would talk down to OP for many reasons but I couldn't be less bothered. Ugh, why am I bumping this thread? What is the meaning of turbo? How stock can PSI support?

Why am I picking this thread to answer to in particular? Am I feeling existential? Yes? Is it because this thread is a waste of server space that I'm helping to pay for?

Probably.

Let grosspolluter handle this.

Yeah every dam one you can all you gotta do is replace the 27c256 Non turbo chip with one that has a turbo bin or tune on it. This works for 2.4 ECU's and the ignition EZK's. For LH 2.2 the ECU's use a 2732 chip and the EZK's use a 40 pin dip CPU chip with ram, same deal you just gotta put the chip in the hole that has the right stuff on it which is magical Moose fart dust.

Next question..

IMAG0114.jpg

If you can't be bothered to see that thread is stickied at the front, top of this forum then really, what the **** do you expect?

You mean the "planning to turbo? Read first!" Thread and all 10 pages of it that I've read but alas could have easily missed say... one post where someone was touching base on how nobody needs to score turbo volvo computers so long as they can flash the original ecu. It's a pretty damn big thread but I'm sorry if i missed that.

But still what exactly is your excuse for being a peckerhead? ******* like you popping off like they are the next big thing is stuff I thought stayed in highschool. Guess not. Heaven forbid people who share common interests actually try and help one another without running their mouths, that could lead to a massive increase in Volvo enthusiasts tinkering and building their rides.

Last edited:
Back