• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

?84 242 Tan Ash Tray

VolvoNutt

K-jet Newbie
It might be appropriate for me to apologize for this query/thread, you see this really has been bothersome every time I get in my car......or at least in my minds eye that is.

Please note my ashtray:
picture.php

(Sorry about pic, I will take a better closeup one tmrw)

So the color is off, it?s not the same shade of tan as the rest of my interior. Is it just me? Now granted this is not a new car but it has been garaged it?s entire life and in the last 10 years it has rarely seen the light of day so weird for sun fading. So it?s a replacement piece I guess.:???:

Funny thing.... yesterday I went to get some $$ out of the tray and the handle popped right off the metal tray body!:omg::grrr: So I don?t know if I should glue it back on and get it all aligned right and all that and then possibly paint it with SEM Tan and pray it matches? Or would one of you kind souls have a nice ashtray that is tan in color that you wouldn?t mind parting ways with? As you can see it will have a nice home with me and then hopefully that one would match???

I realize I?m nitpicking about the color but I am so happy and proud of my car I want it to look it?s best and the interior is it?s best feature. So having color variations in the same color is not a good thing:roll:

Like normal thank you in advance to the TB world for any of the positive feedback and guidance in this matter :nod::cool::nod:

-VolvoNutt

First off, your interior is clean and something you should be proud of! That would absolutely bother me too, if you can't source one here, I'd go the SEM route. If you haven't already check out MSGrunts Interior project, I'm sure you'd appreciate it.

As far as a quick fix, pick up some JB Weld until you find a replacement.

Be thankful that it is the ashtray that has faded and not the dashboard that cracked. Nice interior.

Wow you were not kidding!! MSGgrunts does not mess around with his interiors!! Learned a lot
:)

I will be glueing and buying some SEM paint ;-)

Back