• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Digital engine temp gauge? Volvo 240

VolvoLatAm

I am looking to get a more precise digital reading of either oil temp or coolant temp...Are there any options for this...coolant won't be accurate just taking temperature on a section of the hose...

If there isn't a purpose-made accessory already being marketed to this small community, you could derive the temp from the engine coolant temperature (ECT) sensor with reasonable accuracy by monitoring the voltage at ECU pin 13. You could use the chart below to derive temperature from voltage, or make an Arduino project to give it to you in Celcius or Fahrenheit.

ectCurve.jpg

https://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=5
I'd run one of their sensors or a modern Bosch sensor for the value you want to measure.

Or run something aftermarket EMS and run any sensor you want. I'm planning on ditching most of the analog turbo gauges when I make the switch to aftermarket EMS. Set some triggers to warn for deviation of expected values and when tuning/whatever display it on phone..

If there isn't a purpose-made accessory already being marketed to this small community, you could derive the temp from the engine coolant temperature (ECT) sensor with reasonable accuracy by monitoring the voltage at ECU pin 13. You could use the chart below to derive temperature from voltage, or make an Arduino project to give it to you in Celcius or Fahrenheit.

ectCurve.jpg

It seems like there is no aftermarket but there is high demand for this...

https://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=5
I'd run one of their sensors or a modern Bosch sensor for the value you want to measure.

Or run something aftermarket EMS and run any sensor you want. I'm planning on ditching most of the analog turbo gauges when I make the switch to aftermarket EMS. Set some triggers to warn for deviation of expected values and when tuning/whatever display it on phone..

I have plan to use AEM CanBus gauge with Maxxecu. See how it goes.

Back